Hot Springs Prodigy H - Flashing Red Light Control Panel

Brian Slone

27 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

I don't see a lot of these in my area and can't really see from the photo you posted so I will defer to others on the wiring set up but it seems odd to me. I would also redo a couple of those wires. They look jammed in and might not be making proper contact. 

Wow what area are you in? Is that USD? ...might have to move there

No kidding.  Central Ohio

13 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

That is a low voltage logic chip and not really linked to any equipment. 

Attached are pictures of some voltage tests. 1st pic - Have 120 coming in to board from 20 amp gfci breaker 

2nd pic - have 220 coming in from 30 amp gfci

3rd pic - have 120 going into other board

4th pic - 0 at circ pump

5th pic - 0 at jets

The panel doesn't light at all either it was blinking red not anymore.

20200820_120222.thumb.jpg.a34e5d982220808652400a84753ca32c.jpg20200820_120137.thumb.jpg.4fa38ed61643ad281c505b1e4bd29a1e.jpg

20200820_120250.jpg

20200820_120317.jpg

20200820_120154.jpg

4 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Wow what area are you in? Is that USD? ...might have to move there

Right? I was undercharging. 

I agree the wiring is sloppy, but appears correct at the board. Post a pic of the breaker wiring.

That burned chip is an issue. I doubt a repair shop can get it, so you are looking at a new board I would say. You should be able to handle changing it out.

6 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Right? I was undercharging. 

I agree the wiring is sloppy, but appears correct at the board. Post a pic of the breaker wiring.

That burned chip is an issue. I doubt a repair shop can get it, so you are looking at a new board I would say. You should be able to handle changing it out.

Here is how I wired the breaker. 

20200820_183333.jpg

11 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Wiring looks fine. 

Thanks for confirming for me, that was my biggest worry (that I did something wrong) would you recommend replacing anything other than the board? Just wondering if a faulty part could've caused the motherboard fry? Don't want it to happen to a new board immediately. Or is there a way to test the heater and circ pump without a working board?

When a bad piece of equipment damages a board it does so on the high voltage relay side of things, not the low voltage control side. This is more likely a board component failure, faulty transformer (part of board), or perhaps water on the board. Maybe even the original topside, or the new one (unlikely). Perhaps there was a power surge or lightning strike, do you have any other electronics not working?

If you have the funds, these tubs always benefit from a new circulation pump. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Sorry, been a while thanks for all the help so far, I bought a new IQ2020 control box, new circ pump, and new aux panel.  I replaced them all this weekend.  Now when I power it up the circ pump does run, the aux panel does light up, but the control head does not light at all, no blinking light or anything on it.  What would you suggest to do to troubleshoot? I was going to just go ahead and order the control head as well, but would like to be able to troubleshoot it first?  The jets don't come on when I press it on the aux panel, but I am assuming that is because the control panel isn't working...  Any help appreciated, again thanks for all the help you provided so far.

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

Not much else it can be.

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was normal for no light, not even a blinking error light to be on the control head. I figured it must be bad since everything else seemed to be working (well at least the pump and aux panel). Will the jets not turn on from the aux panel if the control head is not functioning? Also the light didn't turn on from the aux button either, figured that was due to the control head too? But the aux was lit up at least. 

• 1 year later...