Spa turns on every few minutes

xxspinalxx

Hey there,

We have an old spa bought second hand. the brand is Leisurerite and runs Balboa electronics. 

The tub heats up fine, but when it gets up to temperature it will come on around every 10-15 minutes and runs for about 2 minutes or so. I'm guessing something is going wrong with a sensors, I thought I might be able to work around the problem by putting the spa in eco mode, but the top controller isn't allowing me to change modes as described in a manual I found online, I can only change the filtration cycle settings from F1 - F4 which don't affect the cycle timing.

It's almost like its turning on exactly when temperature drops below setting

I have tested the temperature sensors X2 and they both were in range. 

The pressure sensor I wasn't sure if it was okay beIng no resistance when off and 1ohm when on.

Love the spa but it's outside a toddlers room and I'd rather it came on for and hour instead of 5min

Any ideas? Thanks

20200816_162239.jpg

20200816_164058.jpg

20200816_164133.jpg

20200816_164139.jpg

20200816_171519.jpg

• Like 1

It should turn on as soon as the temp drops, but that should take longer than 15 minutes to occur and more than 5 minutes to correct. That system has 2 sensors, where are they mounted? Make sure both sensors are fully seated in their mounts. How did you test the sensors and what were the readings? Remove the filter and see if it stops.

14 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

It should turn on as soon as the temp drops, but that should take longer than 15 minutes to occur and more than 5 minutes to correct. That system has 2 sensors, where are they mounted? Make sure both sensors are fully seated in their mounts. How did you test the sensors and what were the readings? Remove the filter and see if it stops.

Yeah there are 2 sensors. One is near the floor-well and the other is higher up. 

I'll check the seating of each. I tested both with a multi meter and they were in a very similar range for the temperature using the attached table reference.

With the filter out it is very similar for timing on and off

Screenshot_20200818-183511_Chrome.jpg

On 8/19/2020 at 4:01 AM, RDspaguy said:

When you turn on the jets by pressing the button how long do they run?

Usually one sensor is in the spa wall and one on the heater. But on yours both are in the spa wall?

Does it show any errors on the topside control? FL, OH, SN?

When using the jet button it runs for roughly 30 minutes

No errors are showing on top

I left the spa off for a few days and checked both temperature sensors. Theoretically should be an even temperature all round the pool

Heater element sensor - 42 in K

Spa wall sensor - 44 in K

Temperature on the touch pad was 17C (62F)

• 4 months later...