Heater overheats, not talking to pump one, after refill

rseeley

I'm at a loss here and really hoping for some help.

So I bought a house, came with a Jacuzzi J-270 and was at 98 degrees when I decided to shut it down and drain it.

I filled it back up and started getting FL1 errors.What I see is:

1. Power back on hot tub

2. Start up sequence begins showing 357 then going into priming mode

3. Heater kicks on read dot shows

4. circulation pump doesn't kick on at first, I need to manually hit pump one to put it into low mode

5. if I do that it will start to heart things up but eventually will stop after 20 minutes and I again get the Oh and then - - -  after the heater starts to heat without flow.

Had someone come out and say it was pump 1 over heating, so I replaced that pump. Same issue occurred.

Then he said it was the circuit board, replaced that, same issue occurs.

I've tried adjusting the flow switch to stop while its not pumping, but similar issues keep occuring.

It's like it's waiting for a circulation pump, but nothing was plugged into J13 or J14 "Circ Pump" in the diagram on the circuit board.

Water level is above pillows, tried adjusting this several times.

Basically seems like the heater isn't aware it needs the flow of pump 1 on low setting in order to function, it just senses the low (65 degree) temp and kicks on and tries to stay on and overheats.

Any help would be amazing.

Recently had same spa/model with same fl1 error and symptoms. Replaced $50 pressure switch and have had no issues since.  When I am at a loss and just throwing parts at a problem I start with the cheapest parts first...lol. Is this the cause of YOUR problem I am not there so can't say for sure but...... if it is get your money back JMO

Let us know results

FYI for others reading this post. This model Jacuzzi does not have a circulation pump or flow switch. It runs #1 pump for filter/heat and uses a pressure switch to detect flow and protect the heater. 

In looking at this post, it would seem to me that the control board I purchased, which is the same one that was one there:

https://spaandpoolstore.com/6600-726-circuit-board-sundance-spas-jacuzzi-sweetwater-circuit-board/

Is not the correct control board. My assumption is the original owner tried replacing it and bought the wrong one initially. Perhaps that's why it continues to kick on the heater when pump 1 is off?

I assume I need the circuit board without a circulation pump:

https://spaandpoolstore.com/6600-720-formerly-6600-046-6600-287-sundance-spas-jacuzzi-sweetwater-circuit-board/

Thoughts?

Appears to be 2010. Tried to upload the picture but it failed.

Date 02/11/10 Model J270

Serial # OZT3LED - 100366630 - 0210

Wondering if there is a database somewhere with this order information? Tried reaching out to Jacuzzi but so far no help there.

Just wondering if theres anything else to consider before dropping more money on non-refundable parts.

• 1 month later...