Hawaii hydrojet pro air leak behind the jet nozzle

Rolfy

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2020 at 8:16 AM, Rolfy said:

hi all, has anyone had this problem ? When I take out the jet nozzle air is leaking out of the hole at the bottom. This is causing the liner to deflate. Even when the jet nozzle is in place, bubbles of air are still leaking out ? 

20200807_141440.jpg

Sounds like you have a small puncture.  If you can't see exactly where it is you may need to drain the tub to just below that point and inspect it.  If you can find it, I would use a small piece of Flex Tape to cover it.

• 5 months later...

Hi Bruce no I didn't. I managed to drain out all of the water and pump it back up again, but it went down. I took all the hydro jets out and noticed some of the o-rings have split. That was my next job to replace them. That's where I left it for the winter ?

Hi Rolfy, I removed All of the jets and went to the bother of sourcing Viton O-rings. I fitted the o- rings and reinstalled the jets.😞 
leak is still there, the air is coming out of a small hole in the air jet receiver so to speak, which I thought would have been isolated after fitting the new orings. If you place your finger over the hole the air chases round to the next assy and hisses out.

I’ve emailed bestway and hoping to hear back, I’ll keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 10:09 AM, Rolfy said:

Yes where I cut the liner. I am now trying inflatable canoe patches ? 

I cut open the liner and found the burst pipe just like you said, after a fair amount of cursive language I managed to sort that issue, then on to the cut in the liner, I tried various patches and glue to no avail, I then had a brain wave to stitch the liner together with fishing line then patch over the top, the stitching worked well but the patches still couldn't cope with the air pressure, next idea (and running out of them)along with the stitching I put a layer of everbuild fix all over the stitching, let it set and pressured it up and had two tiny holes so I put another thick layer of fix all over the top and let it set, hey presto it's holding tight. Hopefully permanent

51 minutes ago, Rolfy said:

Hi Donald that's brilliant news. I am still on the patch and glue stage. Which particular ever fix did you use, as there is quite a few ?  Cheers martin 👍

Sorry it's soudal fix all ( I'm renovating an old house and have various types of sealers and glue)

It doesn't look great but grey was the only colour I had at the time.

As you'd expect it's very sticky but if you get wonder wipes and wet your finger with them you can spread it a bit like putty.

It's very important to stitch it first

DSC_0462.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG

• 8 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Donald Leitch said:

Sorry it's soudal fix all ( I'm renovating an old house and have various types of sealers and glue)

As you'd expect it's very sticky but if you get wonder wipes and wet your finger with them you can spread it a bit like putty.

DSC_0462.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG

On 6/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Donald Leitch said:

DSC_0462.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG

Hi I am just wondering if this lasted, and could u still use hydrojets ? I have same problem and same hottub 

thanks 

• 2 years later...

Had the same issue and thought I’d post pics in case anyone else was encountering it. There’s no stitching this one back together!

We got about six months of use out of our Bestway Saluspa HydroJet Pro hot tub (it was nice while it lasted). Used it Oct - Mar and packed it away for the summer. Pulled it out to use it this spring and it won’t hold air. Found no external air leaks. I discovered air coming out of one of the jets and the jet vent on the side of the tub. I opened it up to find brittle degraded vent hoses that had broken off. All the jet vent hoses were brittle and just snapped off. This caused the air to leak out the jet and the jet vent. It’s essentially like surgical tubing, which doesn’t appear to stand up to the use case.

IMG_5640.thumb.jpeg.70261d0deea0d71c5f81754af0e19e36.jpegIMG_5631.thumb.jpeg.d04d641f6633d82732758a52851369b4.jpeg