Marquis spa 2002 leisure series pulsating jets

Jt4104

Hi everyone new to The Forum. Anyways, I currently have a 2002 Marquis Spa Leisure series The Wish hot tub. Just replaced the pump and still dealing with pulsating Jets have done all the checks for air in the line, the filter is clean not sure if anyone has any answers. Thanks in advance.

It's almost like they're pausing for the smallest amount of time where it feels like the Jets aren't a full stream when turned on. I can't seem to turn them on high-speed. I almost feel like it's a control panel issue. I  wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas

Voltage was fine, all water levels and filter were good. No air locks. I did however unplug the pressure switch and it worked for a few minutes then it went back to tripping again. Put the new other switch in and it worked again for a minute or so then back to tripping again.

Voltage was fine? So it was steady, no fluctuation and the right voltage for the motor? Where did you test it, at the board or the pump motor? If it really was "fine" then the problem is the pump motor. The chances of your new pump motor doing exactly what the old one did is almost nil. So get a voltmeter and test it or I can't help you.

Tested at breaker and pump connections. All where they should be. Had an electrician double check. At this point the thought is a mother board issue. Everytime it gets turned on it sounds like the high jets are trying to turn on and something in system stops it. Even unplugged control panel and same issue.

4 hours ago, Jt4104 said:

At this point the thought is a mother board issue

Not me.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:48 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:
On 8/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Jt4104 said:

and filter were good

did you remove them and try?...leave them out until issue fixed remove them from the equation.

Never got an answer.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Jt4104 said:

No air locks

how do you know? I have seen partial air locks where you will get flow through the jets but pump surges. Crack the coupler at the face of the pump until water runs out and let it bleed for a minute do the same with the second pump union as well. 

Finally there could be a one way check valve somewhere in the system that is broken and stuck in a position that is blocking some but not all water flow from getting to the pump.

Yes the filter was removed and ran and no change. Yes I have cracked both couplers and Let it bleed out and still no change. At the end of the day when I take the electronic box off and look at the wiring inside the motherboard you can see it physically trying to click over to high speed pump for whatever reason. Have done virtually every air lock trick I can find. I will look to find if there is some kind of one-way valve that I don't know about.

Post a few pics of the circuit board and the diagram from the inside cover of the circuit board. Just to be clear it was doing the same thing and you then replaced the pump. 

Try and remove the pump so it is not attached to the plumbing and give it a try. See if it will run normal. It should.

If not and it still surges we will then work our way back from the pump wiring to the circuit board for electrical, wiring or relay issues.

If it runs normal then we have to look deeper at the plumbing/flow

Ok to run it for a minute without water just to test hi and low speeds

When the spa boots up and the topside display gets to PR on the display hit temp up or down once and it should start in low then test hi speed

Let us know results

• Like 1

• 2 years later...