35sqft vs 50sqft filter replacement

Hi experts!

Short version: When replacing hot tub filters, is it OK to increase the sqft of the filters (with all other dimensions being equal)? (e.g. replace 35sqft OEM filter with a 50sqft after market filter).

Longer version:

My hot tub is a 2015 Marquis E-Series 545. According to the website their replacement OEM filters are #20364. It's a 5" x 13 5/16" (2 1/8" hole), with simple core. Importantly it's a 35sqft filter.

The OEM filters are a) expensive b) harder to find (only found on specialty websites), whereas filters like: Unicel C-4950 are available everywhere and are half the price. It has the same dimensions EXCEPT it is a 50sqft filter.

Is this OK (using a higher sqft filter)? Will it restrict flow in any way? I've read on some FAQs that higher sqft will result in better filtration, but I'm still unsure if it's "bad for the pump" or something.

I do see there's a closer Unicel filter (Unicel C-4637), which is 37sqft, but they're a little harder to come by.

Thanks everyone!

Jonathan

I'm not hot tub filtration pro... But I know filtration solution, More media usually equals better filtration* not knowing specs on bot its speculation.

And then you can look at different media types for filter to improve filtration