Recommendation for best Back Jet Spa

Hi Folks,

I recently moved and my 2001 Sundance Cameo stayed with the house.  i am looking to replace it and my only requirement is the Back Jets that basically throw me out of my chair.   I don't care if it is a 2 person or a 6 person as long as I have a good set of Back Jets.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:fanboy alert: 😄

I am personally a huge fan of the Hotspring Motomassager jet - it goes up and down your spine.  The original first generation (still sold on the hotspring Hotspot SX and TX) have a single jet - this was patented in 1991 and only available on Hotspring tubs.   The Newer Hotspring Highlife class of tubs has a Motomassager DX which is a nicer dual jet massager which has a better range of motion up and down your spine.     I like that I can control oscilation speed and jet pressure by closing off other jets around the tub (I use the diverter to send pressure to those jets, and then twist close each jet I'm not using around the tub to ensure all air pressure is sent to the motomassager and foot blaster in my lounger seat.

To me, they are powerful enough to give me a good thrashing, to my wife they are too painful and leave red marks from the jet pressure when all other jets are closed.  But I've heard they are not quite the most powerful jets on the market, but they're good enough for my personal needs - especially with the wide range of motion which really helps work the muscles (especially when twisting your body sideways to get your laterals massaged)

But still, wet-testing is the only way to know for certain if you like these jets.   If you're on a budget check out the Hotspring SX or TX models.  If you're on a larger budget, check out the Hotspring Jetsetter LX or Hotspring Envoy.     I was just looking in my local classifieds and saw a used 2019 Hotspring Envoy selling for $7000,  and I've seen several slightly older Hotspring Jetsetters selling for around $4000 used (Note - warranty doesn't transfer - pay twice the price and you can get a new one with full factory warranty).  However there is a massive wait for new hotspring tubs (my dealer is quoting 9 months for highlife tubs).   So used is a better option if you want something for the fall season. 

Alternatively if you like Sundance, check out the 880 Optima model, it gets high marks for it's therapeutic pressure from owners (although I haven't had the luxury of trying out a sundance 800 series yet to compare to my hotspring)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ratchett.  Hotspring was not on my list but I will look for a local dealer and give them a look.  I was just checking out the jetsetter LX.  The back jet action that you describe is exactly what I am looking for.   With my kids gone and no need for the large Sundance like we had, The Hotspring might be a good option for us. 

If anyone has tried both the Sundance (which I loved for the 20 years that I owned it) and the Hotspring I would love to hear your opinions.   I will certainly wet-test but hearing from someone who has lived with both would be very helpful,.

Thanks again for the response.

• Like 1