Who Has The Best Warranty?

mendon31

I'm a newbie here, but have been lurking and researching for a purchase we just made. Based on the models I considered:

Hotspring (Watkins), Tiger River(Watkins), Caldera(Watkins), Sundance, and D1 are all 5 years on the main stuff. 7 years on shell structure. All are NOT transferrable.

Marquis is 5 year most componenets, 7 year no leak/plumbing. Best of all it IS transferrable.

Arctic has some models that are 10 years.

I'm a newbie here, but have been lurking and researching for a purchase we just made. Based on the models I considered:

Hotspring (Watkins), Tiger River(Watkins), Caldera(Watkins), Sundance, and D1 are all 5 years on the main stuff. 7 years on shell structure. All are NOT transferrable.

Marquis is 5 year most componenets, 7 year no leak/plumbing. Best of all it IS transferrable.

Arctic has some models that are 10 years.

ThermoSpas claims to have a 10 year no-fault electronics warranty & 20 year shell warranty???

Doesn't your spa come with a warranty already? I'm only asking because all the ones I've researched have one. I think Sundance does have one of the better warranties. My spa has a 5 year pro-rated warranty which I have heard is not the way to go from this board. But I liked the spa and it's layout, so what do you do. I have found that the warranty is only as good as your dealer though. Best advice is to call the local spa repair guys to find out who has the best warranty out there as they are the ones who service a lot of them.

As to the ThermoSpa warranty, it is NOT a true solidified warranty as it is PRO-Rated. You'll end up with about 1 year full coverage on parts, however, labor will run you at least $100.00 per hour. Take a close look at who you buy from in regards to servicing as this is just as, if not more, important than your warranty.

As to the ThermoSpa warranty, it is NOT a true solidified warranty as it is PRO-Rated. You'll end up with about 1 year full coverage on parts, however, labor will run you at least $100.00 per hour. Take a close look at who you buy from in regards to servicing as this is just as, if not more, important than your warranty.

THIS IS THE CRAP THERMO IS TRYING TO SELL!

??The Hot Tub Industry's Best Warranty??

We believe in our Hot Tubs 100% and are willing to prove it by offering you the best warranties available in the Hot Tub Industry!

No Fault Electronics Warranty Means You're Covered - No Matter What

Your peace of mind starts with the only 10-year No Fault Warranty in the country that covers customer abuse and acts of God. This warranty covers all electronic parts including all spa control systems and computer boards. Did you know if you bought a spa from any other competitor and a week later lightning struck the control system and burned it out, you'd be responsible for repairing or replacing it? It could cost you over $1000! If you owned a Thermo-Spas hot tub, we would replace it for free - no matter what.

Our Standard Hot Tub Warranty is the Best in the Industry

Most spa manufacturers warranty their shell for one to five years. Thermo-Spas has such confidence in the strength and durability of our hottub shell that we offer a 20-year limited warranty. You'll enjoy the beauty of your spa for many years to come without worrying about costly replacement or repair should it become defective. All of the plumbing, including the pump, the blower and even the spa heater are covered for 10 years. But more importantly than the paper the warranty is written on, are the company and the people who stand behind the product.

Extended Warranties Bring Total Peace of Mind

Thermo-Spas offers a three year "bumper to bumper" warranty that covers virtually all parts and labor. This means you never open your checkbook and we never leave you stranded. Over 95% of all Thermo-Spas hot tubs come with an extended spa warranty. Our unbeatable spa warranties are a happily-ever-after ending to your hot tub story.

What they don’t tell you

The entire warranty is Pro-Rated;

LABOR WARRANTY IS ONLY 1 YEAR. After 1st year the cost is $100 per hour.*

10 years parts breakdown,

• 1st year 100%

• 2nd to 4th years YOU PAY 25% OF LIST PRICE

• 5th to 7th years YOU PAY 50% OF LIST PRICE

• 8th to 10th years YOU PAY 75% OF LIST PRICE

10 years no fault warranty covers only the top-side control and PCboard.

• YOU STILL PAY $100 PER HOUR AFTER 1st YEAR.

10 year shell breakdown

• 1st to 3rd year 100% + labor* on 2nd and 3rd year

• 4th to 6th year YOU PAY 50% OF LIST PRICE

• 7th to 10th year YOU PAY 75% OF LIST PRICE

20 year cabinet breakdown

• 4th to 10th year YOU PAY 75% OF LIST PRICE

• 11th to 20th year YOU PAY 50% OF LIST PRICE

THIS IS THE CRAP THERMO IS TRYING TO SELL!

??The Hot Tub Industry's Best Warranty??

We believe in our Hot Tubs 100% and are willing to prove it by offering you the best warranties available in the Hot Tub Industry!

No Fault Electronics Warranty Means You're Covered - No Matter What

Your peace of mind starts with the only 10-year No Fault Warranty in the country that covers customer abuse and acts of God. This warranty covers all electronic parts including all spa control systems and computer boards. Did you know if you bought a spa from any other competitor and a week later lightning struck the control system and burned it out, you'd be responsible for repairing or replacing it? It could cost you over $1000! If you owned a Thermo-Spas hot tub, we would replace it for free - no matter what.

Our Standard Hot Tub Warranty is the Best in the Industry

Most spa manufacturers warranty their shell for one to five years. Thermo-Spas has such confidence in the strength and durability of our hottub shell that we offer a 20-year limited warranty. You'll enjoy the beauty of your spa for many years to come without worrying about costly replacement or repair should it become defective. All of the plumbing, including the pump, the blower and even the spa heater are covered for 10 years. But more importantly than the paper the warranty is written on, are the company and the people who stand behind the product.

Extended Warranties Bring Total Peace of Mind

Thermo-Spas offers a three year "bumper to bumper" warranty that covers virtually all parts and labor. This means you never open your checkbook and we never leave you stranded. Over 95% of all Thermo-Spas hot tubs come with an extended spa warranty. Our unbeatable spa warranties are a happily-ever-after ending to your hot tub story.

What they don’t tell you

The entire warranty is Pro-Rated;

LABOR WARRANTY IS ONLY 1 YEAR. After 1st year the cost is $100 per hour.*

10 years parts breakdown,

• 1st year 100%

• 2nd to 4th years YOU PAY 25% OF LIST PRICE

• 5th to 7th years YOU PAY 50% OF LIST PRICE

• 8th to 10th years YOU PAY 75% OF LIST PRICE

10 years no fault warranty covers only the top-side control and PCboard.

• YOU STILL PAY $100 PER HOUR AFTER 1st YEAR.

10 year shell breakdown

• 4th to 6th year YOU PAY 50% OF LIST PRICE

• 7th to 10th year YOU PAY 75% OF LIST PRICE

20 year cabinet breakdown

• 4th to 10th year YOU PAY 75% OF LIST PRICE

• 11th to 20th year YOU PAY 50% OF LIST PRICE

"Over 95% of all Thermo-Spas hot tubs come with an extended spa warranty. Our unbeatable spa warranties are a happily-ever-after ending to your hot tub story."

This is an example of "word smithing" to the highest degree. From my conversations with both spa owners and from doing warrranty work on Thermo, they pay for the three year or 5 "bumper to bumper" warranty. From that statement that means that they sell a warranty to 95% of the owners, after the spa is sold, just like car dealers do.

"Over 95% of all Thermo-Spas hot tubs come with an extended spa warranty. Our unbeatable spa warranties are a happily-ever-after ending to your hot tub story."

This is an example of "word smithing" to the highest degree. From my conversations with both spa owners and from doing warrranty work on Thermo, they pay for the three year or 5 "bumper to bumper" warranty. From that statement that means that they sell a warranty to 95% of the owners, after the spa is sold, just like car dealers do.

the extended warranty is LABOR ONLY the salesman that came to my house told me I don't need it because "I looked like a handy guy" it cost $695.00 to extend the warranty.

the extended warranty is LABOR ONLY the salesman that came to my house told me I don't need it because "I looked like a handy guy" it cost $695.00 to extend the warranty.

We have customers request that we give them a discount on the spa and take off the 5 year labor warranty which is included in our Paramount spas. They do this because they always fix things they own, and don't want to have anyone else work on their stuff.

Normally we have service people all across the country that we use for any warranty concerns. We are normally better at service than a local spa dealer. We are experts, now, at dealing with distant repairs.

We have customers request that we give them a discount on the spa and take off the 5 year labor warranty which is included in our Paramount spas.

I don't blame them. They obviously realize that when they have an issue you either won't be around any longer to cover it or you'll be hundreds or thousands of miles away and can't/won't be there to fix it anyway.

Jim wants us to believe:

"Normally we have service people all across the country that we use for any warranty concerns. We are normally better at service than a local spa dealer. We are experts, now, at dealing with distant repairs

What color is the sky in your world ? You've got customers who can't get a response from because you are busy handling law suits....YOu got customers who accidently discover you screwed up the insualtion and your trouble shooting over the phone, your mailing parts out to frustrated customers hopig they don't screw things up more....

honestly, Jim, got to hand it to you, there is something to be said about putting everything in a positive light, but sometimes your statments are lunacy.

Jim wants us to believe:

"Normally we have service people all across the country that we use for any warranty concerns. We are normally better at service than a local spa dealer. We are experts, now, at dealing with distant repairs

What color is the sky in your world ? You've got customers who can't get a response from because you are busy handling law suits....YOu got customers who accidently discover you screwed up the insualtion and your trouble shooting over the phone, your mailing parts out to frustrated customers hopig they don't screw things up more....

honestly, Jim, got to hand it to you, there is something to be said about putting everything in a positive light, but sometimes your statments are lunacy.

It is certainly interesting how much you hate me, for educating consumers on spas. I don't spend much time on any lawsuits. We have lawyers to take care of that stuff.

If you buy a Full Foam spa and one of the workers forgets to put the foam in some spot in the spa, that means that the company is totally bad? No, it means they need to fire that guy.

Your statements are full of anger.

• 2 weeks later...

Dimension One has a lifetime warranty on the shell. :D:D

It has a good warranty but there is some fine print to that "lifetime" warranty. After year 7 you are subject to paying the cost to ship the spa to D1 for them to repair it in house and you also pay for the return shipment. In other words it's a full 7 year warranty and then a limited warranty after that. After 7 years some may decide it's not worth the cost of paying to send it out and get it back if the spa is older. A good warranty it is but the"Lifetime" term should be used loosely.