A few questions from new Hot Springs owner...

Aero

(Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place...)? Anyway, just got a 2020 Hot Springs Jetsetter LX (our first hot tub) and was wondering...is the "clean cycle" simply the same as running the jets for 10 minutes?  or is more going on within the system during this special cycle?  Should I set it on "auto" so it runs once ea day? If so the cover will be on. Is that alright?  Also anyone know of an app or alarm or something that could alert me should we be away from the tub for an extended period of time in the winter and experience a power outage? THANK YOU!

29 minutes ago, Aero said:

is the "clean cycle" simply the same as running the jets for 10 minutes?

Yep, that's all it does - run the jet pump for 10 minutes.  It's used when adding chemicals to the filter compartment to help circulate water around more than just the regular circ pump.

30 minutes ago, Aero said:

Should I set it on "auto" so it runs once ea day? If so the cover will be on. Is that alright? 

My dealer's delivery tech enabled it with my 2019 Jetsetter he said it's good to get the water moving around for 10 minutes to keep things from going stale in the jet pumps if you don't run the tub for a few days/weeks.  If I'm not mistaken you need to press and hold to activate the auto function.

Totally fine with the cover on, although if you start to have foam issues you might notice some foam scum building up on the bottom of your cover, but this wipes right off with a magic eraser so it's not a big deal.

32 minutes ago, Aero said:

Also anyone know of an app or alarm or something that could alert me should we be away from the tub for an extended period of time in the winter and experience a power outage?

Pretty sure that would be the Hotspring Connextion system which is an addon wireless module and annual subscription for your tub.   Helps you monitor the status of your tub when you're not home.    Only downside I see is that you need to pay an annual subscription fee to use the software.   It's really best for people who travel often and aren't home to check on their tubs frequently.

• Thanks 1

All clean does is run pump for ten minutes and shut off automatically vs the two hour run time if you just hit the jets button.

Connextion is not available at this time.  It was discontinued at the end of 2019 and it was planned for re-release in 2020 as a simpler, more cost effective system.  Covid-19 has delayed the release.

1 hour ago, castletonia said:

Connextion is not available at this time.  It was discontinued at the end of 2019 and it was planned for re-release in 2020 as a simpler, more cost effective system.  Covid-19 has delayed the release.

Is the new system compatible with 2019 models? Is there still a subscription fee for the service?  I'm really interested to learn more about the system

4 hours ago, ratchett said:

Is the new system compatible with 2019 models? Is there still a subscription fee for the service?  I'm really interested to learn more about the system

Hot Spring hasn’t released much info on it yet.  Covid kind of put it on hold.  I’m told possibly by the end of the year but nothing is guaranteed.  My understanding is yes it will be backwards compatible and there will still be a small subscription fee, but similar to what competing systems from Balboa and Gecko are.  

• Like 2