Comparison of Artesian vs. Caldera Hot Tubs

Gizzy9

Hello - We are comparing two hot tub models for purchase -- the Artesian 748B (South Seas Spas) and the Caldera Marino or Vanto (Vacanza Series).  Can you please provide some perspectives on the brands, as well as these particular models?  Both dealers have been very responsive with good reviews/reputations.  I am leaning towards the Caldera since bigger, well known brand.  My husband is leaning towards Artesian, given the reviews we have seen on smaller brand/high quality products. He also thinks Artesian has more bells & whistles for the price point.  Prices are comparable. We would like to place order this week. Thanks for any input. 

Both good brands. Each has advantages and disadvantages. I loved my Caldera, in spite of not liking to work on watkins products. I owned it longer than any other spa I have owned (and there have been many) and refused to sell it several times to people looking at other spas I had for sale. I have not owned an Artesian or worked on one less than a decade old as there is no longer an artesian dealer in my area.

• Like 1

I sell Hot Spring and Caldera so I have bias.  Bells and whistles for the same price means one of two things.  Either there are other sacrifices being made to the Artesian to give you those extras for the same price or the Caldera dealer is over charging. 

What price are you being quoted for the Marino and what exactly is included?

Both brands are considered quality brands.  I have no personal experience with Artesian and haven’t seen one in person in years so I cannot comment on their build quality first hand or how it is to deal with them from a dealers perspective.  

Artesian 748B is ~$7200 (plus taxes) includes locking cover, ozone, led lights, foam insulation, side steps, Spa Frog chemical start up kit.  Lifting system is an additional $250. Delivery additional fee.  Good call out on the bells and whistles -- probably "perceived" bells and whistles.  Liked that the Artesian had more jets (48 vs. 35), but know more jets does not mean better and it is more about the power/massage quality.  Liked functionality to control power of jets on Artesian (though this might have been better sold by Artesian dealer vs. Caldera). There seemed to be more jets in the leg area of each seat. Ozone was included. We are trying to arrange a soak test. 

The Caldera Marino is ~$7200 (plus taxes) and includes locking cover, chemical start-up kit.  This did NOT include Ozone or steps (though we could probably negotiate with dealer to close the sale).  Did not include lifting system or delivery. 

Thank you!!