Pump wiring

medicv

Recently my wife and I acquired a Freeflow RLX 12 hot tub from my in-laws which the unit is roughly 16-17 years old. Shortly after we got the hot tub the pump went bad. I purchased a replacement pump. I hooked the new pump like my old pump was. Black low speed, red high speed and white common. The new pump will only run for about 45 seconds on the low side and then it kicks the relay. I then found out on this pump the red is low speed and black is high speed which is complete opposite of my old motor. So I switched the black and red and the pump now runs fine on both speeds. The problem now is that my hot tub is confused. It thinks it’s in the low speed setting when it’s actually on the high speed setting and vice versa because of having to switch the wiring on the new pump. For instance with my old motor when you plug the hot tub in and it kicked on it would go into circulation mode. Now with the new motor when you plug the hot tub in it goes into the high speed motor setting. Is there a fix for this? Can I switch up something in the panel to make it function correctly? 

That doesn't make sense. Check your pump wiring and verify that it is correct. Switching red and black will do what you want if it is wired correctly, but I suspect it is not. Check that the common (white) is in the right spot and that you have the right voltage motor installed. Post a pic of the wiring diagram sticker on the motor.