What level should calcium be?

Susanj

We have a bromine spa and have been keeping calcium at 75-150. But most guidelines I see say  it should be higher, like 150-250? Or 250-450.  I

' m trying to remember but I'm pretty sure we keep it low because when we got it,  the manufacturer said it should be that for an acrylic spa. What do others do?

Water balance is a combination of Ph, alkalinity, hardness, and temperature. This is called "saturation index" or Si. Even with ideal ph and alkalinity, low hardness can cause "aggressive" water which will corrode your heater, damage rubber gaskets, and make plastic brittle. It is not as serious as in a plaster or concrete pool, where it will deteriorate the pool itself, but it can be an issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.orendatech.com/langelier-saturation-index%3fhs_amp=true

The taylor test kit k-2005 includes a slide-rule for calculations that is very convenient to use. What are your ph and alkalinity?