Sunrisespas / FreeStyle - quality value

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Wanted to get your opinion .... is Sunrisespa / Freestyle any good ?

Got price of 9000$ Canadian + Tax ( Cover, Steps incl ) delivery extra since I need crane it...

The model is 535XT

5 Adults with Dual Loungers (important for me )

Ozone/UV

2 Pumps ( 2 Speed )

Balboa Control  with Wifi

52 SS Jets

Upgraded cabinet to Acrylic

Some other features like Led's, Waterfall, Bluetooth etc.

I'm from N Falls... so factory is local to me...

Thx

They’re ok.  Wouldn’t be in my top 10-15 brands I would choose.

Sold them briefly in my previous life back in 2011-2013.  Was never a fan of the steel frame and I question how efficient they were.  While I can’t keep tabs on everything from my previous job, I don’t think the ones I sold have aged very well.

I personally would look at other options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Factory is just down the road so I see a lot of them out of warranty and yes they are not a top tier brand but the have their place and overall they seem not bad post warranty. I get a few with the Balboa pack with the quick disconnect heater (heater plugs onto the board not screwed/ 3/8" nutted) that seem to have a higher than normal blown relay fail rate but that is a Balboa problem and not a Sunrise problem. They also used the Balboa LM8 pack for about a year and a half and they were/are my #1 rated worst pack ever but again a Balboa issue. As for the galvanized frames I have never seen one fail/break...yes I have seen lots with rusted areas but usually on spas that were not taken care of and allowed to leak or placed on a poorly made pad where water doesn't shed properly. Roxol bag insulation is questionable for the long haul but can easily be replaced and/or supplemented with extra Roxol in the empty void areas for additional R value...or foam board around the perimeter works great as well. Very easy to work on so Yay for me. Price in our area is good value. I often recommend them to folks not wanting to pay for a "brand" name and just want a simple straight forward spa. The "Freestyle Spas" plug and play have done very well in that category. They were recently (2-3 years ago maybe) bought up by the Jaccuzi "Fund" conglomerate to fill their need for a "lower" end line along with Hydopool Spas for their swim spa needs. Canadian Made/Assembled is a bonus as well. Yay Canada!

• Thanks 1

Thank you since 9k + tax is already a lot, I don't want to know how much high end ones are !!! LOL

I'm glad I can depend on you for service ...

Should I rust proof frame lol ?

Should I add some extra insulation intially ?just buy roxul and pack it or wrap in foil ?

I prefer roxul over mice nests in foam ;)

1 hour ago, Ndx said:

I'm glad I can depend on you for service ...

Won't be me I don't work for Sunrise I am independent.

Hot tub Movers is their contracted delivery service and best in the biz.

1 hour ago, Ndx said:

I prefer roxul over mice nests in foam

1/2" Rigid foam board is what I was referring to. 

Ok to add extra roxol (Hefty bagged and taped) insulation to fill the open areas just don't over do it and make sure to keep the equipment area and pumps open and free of extra insulation. Spas need to breath and some air flow is needed to keep pumps from overheating.

Don't add anything right away. Use it for a year and see how it goes hydro wise first.