Artic Spa impressions?

Guest Paul

Beats heck outta me. Now I'm gonna hafta pore through the dern instructions t' figure out what kind of filtration it is. Unless, of course, an Arctic dealer guy decides to chime in. HELP!

There is only one spa with 100% no-bypass filtration and that is a HotSpring spa.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beats heck outta me. Now I'm gonna hafta pore through the dern instructions t' figure out what kind of filtration it is. Unless, of course, an Arctic dealer guy decides to chime in. HELP!

Arctic Spas are no-bypass during the filtration cycle. I beleve most spas are no-bypass during filtration.

Michael

No bypass is irrelevant to the grand scheme of water quality. It makes a nice sales pitch but isn't what some imply ie HS water is cleaner than others. HS owner board members get cruddy water also. If you're the only person primarily using the tub and you've been using it for some time, you're already "clean". You may be able to reduce the filter time. I had crystal clear water until we had guests over that must have shed 5 layers of skin and clouded the water. I used easy clear and it was back to perfect and has stayed that way. I'm on a paper filter now. You'd have to swap a paper filter in for the micropure filter if you want to use easy clear. I'm back to micropure at the next waterchange.

There is only one spa with 100% no-bypass filtration and that is a HotSpring spa.

Don't forget Coleman's 100% No-Bypass

No bypass is irrelevant to the grand scheme of water quality. It makes a nice sales pitch but isn't what some imply ie HS water is cleaner than others. HS owner board members get cruddy water also. If you're the only person primarily using the tub and you've been using it for some time, you're already "clean". You may be able to reduce the filter time. I had crystal clear water until we had guests over that must have shed 5 layers of skin and clouded the water. I used easy clear and it was back to perfect and has stayed that way. I'm on a paper filter now. You'd have to swap a paper filter in for the micropure filter if you want to use easy clear. I'm back to micropure at the next waterchange.

If you have a circulating pump, the water has to be pushed towards the pump to be filtrated, otherwise it just filters the water in the facinity of the pump hence more chemicals may be needed to be kept prestine

I think you read your sales notes wrong. Coleman doesn't have a no-bypass system on their jet pumps.

During its filtration cycle pump1 on 1 spd, does the filtration. When you are using the spa on the 2nd pump it does bypass, but we are talking about during Filtration. When you are using the spa it is being filtered anyway 100percent because pump 1 is being utilized most of the time when in use.

If you have a circulating pump, the water has to be pushed towards the pump to be filtrated, otherwise it just filters the water in the facinity of the pump hence more chemicals may be needed to be kept prestine

And just for clarification a circulation pump does push water in the tub so your idea that only the water by the vicinity of the the pump is false and Im curious where you get your facts on them using more chemicals?

During its filtration cycle pump1 on 1 spd, does the filtration. When you are using the spa on the 2nd pump it does bypass, but we are talking about during Filtration. When you are using the spa it is being filtered anyway 100percent because pump 1 is being utilized most of the time when in use.

Basicly this means that all tubs filter 100 % of the time. If pump one is running or even if you only have one pump and it is on low (which is filtering speed) then all the water is going through the filter. Yep this is true. On high it bypasses the filter with some of the water, yep this is also true. In a HS all the water all the time goes through a filter.

Maybe this is a dead thread...beats me I just got back from Cozumel.

Basicly this means that all tubs filter 100 % of the time. If pump one is running or even if you only have one pump and it is on low (which is filtering speed) then all the water is going through the filter. Yep this is true. On high it bypasses the filter with some of the water, yep this is also true. In a HS all the water all the time goes through a filter.

Maybe this is a dead thread...beats me I just got back from Cozumel.

So how was Coumel? Have they started rebuilding from the storms that went through there?

I had some friens that went ther a couple of months ago and they said they almost couldnt recognize the place.

So how was Coumel? Have they started rebuilding from the storms that went through there?

I had some friens that went ther a couple of months ago and they said they almost couldnt recognize the place.

They have made alot of progress. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel and if was fine. They were still doing a couple rebuilding projects but it was fine. There are still a few resorts that have not opened and alot of concrete dowtown and the peirs that have to be rebuilt but it will comeback.

They have made alot of progress. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel and if was fine. They were still doing a couple rebuilding projects but it was fine. There are still a few resorts that have not opened and alot of concrete dowtown and the peirs that have to be rebuilt but it will comeback.

If you build it will come