Blowing Fuses and Pump High Speed Only

I own a 2015 Aquaterra Transport II. I recently had one of the main supply wires arc and the tub stopped working. The area of the arc and fried board connection was obvious, and I elected to purchase a replacement control board/box/system. I purchased a Gecko in.yj-3, which was listed as the "upgraded" equivalent replacement of the Gecko control box that was in the tub. The replacement was easy, and I made all connections exactly the same as the old board, but I am having problems since its installation.

Problem 1: Originally, the pump would not run at all. On the original OEM board, the white wire from the pump was connected to K5, which is listed in the diagram as the pump 2 relay. When connected this way, as it was in the old board, there was no response from the pump. I moved the white wire to the neutral terminal, which allowed the pump to run on high speed only.

If I swap the L/H (black/red) wires, the pump will run on low speed only. So, the pump seems to be fine, and it seems to be a problem with the wiring, board, or topside (topside shows only solid light/high speed or off, and goes straight to high-speed after power-up)

Problem 2: The tub will run with only one speed of the pump working. Heater works fine. However, after almost exactly 24 hours, it blows the fuse (SC-20 fuse on the board) for pump 1. If I replace the fuse, it will run fine with a single speed for another 24 hours, then blows another fuse. I can't find any issue that would cause this.

Other info: pump is a Gecko 120V 2-speed pump. Topside is the stock/OEM simple unit with four buttons.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Lower Level programming here: https://issuu.com/geckomkt/docs/inyj_3_ce_qsc_en

You might need to adjust your lower level programming to your set up.

I have the spa hardwired to 240v, and set to LL2, which is the combination in my spa owner's manual. I don't see anything in your links or the manual for the new board that provides a settings guideline; just how to adjust the setting. Should the setting be something other than LL2?

8 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Did the new board include a wiring diagram? The diagram you posted does not match the new board.

Perhaps you are looking at pic 2 in my post above, which is of the old/original board?

The new board is nearly-identical, except the K6 relay looks different, and the "common" plug on K5 now runs to a second fuse before returning to the "neutral" space on the board.

The ozone connection is marked p23 in the diagram and p39 on the new board, and I can't see where the ozone neutral terminates. Several other connections appear to not exist on the new board. Jumper j1 does not appear to be on either board.

I am not sure if any of this matters. I am no gecko expert. But I don't like discrepancies when it comes to wiring diagrams. 

As a test, turn off power, unplug the red high speed wire, and move the black low speed wire to the other terminal (C) on the k6 relay. This should cause the low speed pump to run immediately as soon as you turn on power. If it does not, you need to feed power to the k6C terminal to enable the pump to run low speed. Then test to verify that k6 turns off when k7 turns on.

What is the fla rating of your pump?

Do you have an amp probe?

9 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

The ozone connection is marked p23 in the diagram and p39 on the new board, and I can't see where the ozone neutral terminates. Several other connections appear to not exist on the new board. Jumper j1 does not appear to be on either board.

I am not sure if any of this matters. I am no gecko expert. But I don't like discrepancies when it comes to wiring diagrams. 

As a test, turn off power, unplug the red high speed wire, and move the black low speed wire to the other terminal (C) on the k6 relay. This should cause the low speed pump to run immediately as soon as you turn on power. If it does not, you need to feed power to the k6C terminal to enable the pump to run low speed. Then test to verify that k6 turns off when k7 turns on.

What is the fla rating of your pump?

Do you have an amp probe?

The ozone is, indeed, connected to p23. Jumper 1 is to use the board with 120v. It has been removed intentionally. I don't see any differences between the board and the diagram.

I performed the test you suggested. Removing the red wire and moving black to C does, indeed, turn on the low speed immediately.

FLA is not listed on the main pump sticker.

I do have a clamp meter.

Thank for trying to help. I appreciate it.

4 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

I still don't see a reference to what the LL settings should be. My spa manual says that LL1 is for 120v installations, and LL2 is for 240v. The manual lists the difference as LL1 preventing the heater from running while the pump is on high speed.

I tried accessing that menu again, but this time was presented with a completely different menu instead of the LL menu. Many different parameters such as 1., 2., 3., L., H., ou., E., and several others with many settings to choose from. I can't find any reference to these parameters and their settings online. Do you have a reference for these?

I would check the amp draw of the motor to verify that it is not pulling too many amps. FLA is full load amps. Perhaps your motor just lists it as amps. Trying to figure out why it is blowing the fuse, which seems unrelated to the fact that it won't run both speeds. 

As I said, I am no gecko pro, being much more familiar with balboa and sundance boards myself. So I have no idea about the programming of that board. But, in reading the techbook it appears that the configuration for a in.ye3 without a circulation pump is 1, not 2. If you go down further in the techbook to page 18 you will find the y series field programming options, which is what is accessed by pressing the light button. I am not sure what all of it means, but without a circ pump OU should be 0, OP 1, HP 1, and FL 2. 

Perhaps @CanadianSpaTechcould elaborate on the relay output options.

Even further down, on page 35, is a troubleshooting flowchart.

Please read the information provided in the techbook and set your programming accordingly. It is quite tedious from the looks of it, but it seems the information is there.

28 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Page 15 of manual... It should be LL 1...it is the only option WITHOUT a circ pump

Right now in LL 2  it thinks you have a 24 hour circ pump that is why pump 1 runs continuously 

Thank you. The manual you linked to was not loaded completely, hence my confusion.

I don't have any issue with a pump running continuously; it just didn't run at all on low speed. With the programming info, I was able to change parameters and troubleshoot. I couldn't get low speed to run in combination with any other settings. I ended up just moving it to K5 and changing the parameters to make K5 the low speed, and it seems to be working correctly now.

I am going to wait and see if it still blows the fuse (again). I imagine it will, but trying to separate issues. 

5 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

I would check the amp draw of the motor to verify that it is not pulling too many amps. FLA is full load amps. Perhaps your motor just lists it as amps. Trying to figure out why it is blowing the fuse, which seems unrelated to the fact that it won't run both speeds. 

As I said, I am no gecko pro, being much more familiar with balboa and sundance boards myself. So I have no idea about the programming of that board. But, in reading the techbook it appears that the configuration for a in.ye3 without a circulation pump is 1, not 2. If you go down further in the techbook to page 18 you will find the y series field programming options, which is what is accessed by pressing the light button. I am not sure what all of it means, but without a circ pump OU should be 0, OP 1, HP 1, and FL 2. 

Perhaps @CanadianSpaTechcould elaborate on the relay output options.

Even further down, on page 35, is a troubleshooting flowchart.

Please read the information provided in the techbook and set your programming accordingly. It is quite tedious from the looks of it, but it seems the information is there.

Thanks. Your post prompted me to go back and try to reload the manual; it wasn't loading completely.

There is so FLA or even amps written on the pump. It is a Gecko xp2 model 0611500-1, but I can't find the FLA searching google so far.