Hot spring flair light problem

SHOWEM

I bought a 2020 hotspring flair in January after researching this tub for many years thinking its a great tub and I'm getting very frustrated over the quality of service. Originally I had 4 lights out inside the lounge and service came out twice to fix it. They fixed them but then the half of the tubs lights are not working along with the color wheel does not work. I paid a lot of money for this tub and if I knew service would be this bad I would have went with another brand. Purchased this from Hotsprings of Sarasota Fla

Jim Lantagne  Venice Fla   cell: 9782045024

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Flair and you're dealer.  If you're not satisfied with the quality of service from your dealer, reach out to Hot Spring directly and voice your concerns.  They will work with your dealer to make it right.  1-800-999-4688.  You want to speak with someone in customer service.

• Like 1

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.   I know LED lighting can be a finicky SOB with voltage, but they should be able to fix it or replace the components, right? But I'd keep complaining, escalate the issue with the dealer's owner if necessary.   @castletonia any suggestions from a dealer's standpoint what the OP could do?  

The dealer shouldn't charge for call-out fees for at least the first year, right?  So it should be on their dime to keep coming out to fix the dang thing

• Like 1

The tub is still under warranty I’m going to see if I hear from someone this coming week and if not I’ll call the 800 # again, they assigned a case # to my complaint so it’s documented . The tech that came out was going to get in touch with tech support to see what they think the problem is

• Like 1

Today I heard from the store I bought it from. The tech talked to tech support and there scratching there heads as to what the problem might be. I guess I’ll just wait and see what they come up with? I did tell him to keep me posted 

• Like 1

I can tell you from experience (alot of it) that a problem that has the tech guessing is a problem that the dealer loses money on. Warranty pay schedules only allow so much for a given repair. Wait patiently and you will wait a long time. Get the manufacturer involved. It's not the dealers fault, he did not build the spa. Insist to the manufacturer that you want a new spa. Do so in writing. Use words like "lemon" and "attorney". You won't get it, but they will authorize whatever it takes to get it working now, even a whole new control system. Which the dealer could never get away with on his own without eating at least part of the cost. Make it the manufacturers problem so the dealer doesn't have to jump through the hoops.

• Like 1

Generally most dealers I think will waive service call fees for the first year but technically the way all warranty’s are worded the dealer can charge right from the beginning.

Knock on wood I haven’t had any LED light issues on any Limelight hot tub yet.  Assuming the lights are getting proper voltage, it’s either got to be an issue with the circuit board or the lights themself.  

As a dealer, I understand that I’m probably going to lose money on most warranty service work.  In this case I would advise my tech to troubleshoot while he has Hot Spring tech support on the phone and proceed based in their recommendations.  It’s a new hot tub.  Your dealer needs to figure it out and if they can’t request a return authorization and order a replacement hot tub.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Well there you go, from a hot springs dealer. I have never dealt with hot springs warranty, but the brands I have dealt with would not just replace a spa over an equipment issue. Or any other issue for that matter. Point for watkins. 

Back when I was studying the Hotspring brand for my purchase last year, I read multiple reviews in which Hotspring replaced the entire tub at no charge to the customer which also impressed me as well.  Naturally I'm sure it's only in extreme cases where something major cannot be fixed quick and easily, but it doesn't seem uncommon for major lemon's.

The reality here is that this is an issue that shouldn’t require replacement.  However, this is a new hot tub and if the dealer can’t figure it out how to fix it then there are only two other options: 1) send back to Hot Spring for repair or 2) replace hot tub.  The dealer will be compensated either by the warranty claim or by Watkins customer service.  

The big thing to consider right now is that Covid has changed everything.  Watkins just reopened in Mexico and California has only been open for a month.  Most everyone who is not associates with the actual production of spas is working remotely so things are not back to normal and a resolution will not happen as fast as it would have prior to COVID-19.

• Like 2

The LED system in my flair is a nightmare. I got it knowing it wasnt working. I got almost half working now. They have a power supply and a controller that are very sensitive. If a light goes out it will burn the control out if not replaced or unhooked. I had to bypass the circ pump and loop water in and out of my pool to trick the iq2020 to operate like normal while tub is empty. Out of 40 lights I have 18 working only 3 bulbs were good. Rest are new and I've had 2 melted housings, one easy at top amd one by footwell that took hours to replace. The bulbs are 15 a piece, I got lucky and had a new controller amd power supply that came with tub.  If a bulb goes out have to replace asap or unhook from feed wire to save the rest of system.  On a new tub worst case they replace them all and the supply amd controller.  The oring seal at base is the weak link. I'm using waterproof plumbers grease on the seal and dielectric grease in the socket.  So far so good

• Like 1

So I spoke with a person from customer service told her the whole Story including what tech support told the service guy about scratching there head over the problem and both of us agreed that’s not a good sign. So I suggested replacing everything associated with the lights and she seemed to agree. I also said If that doesn’t resolve it then maybe we should start talking about replacing the tub. I would rather not replace the tub because everything else works jets,etc.plus the tub is inside my lanai cage so that would require opening up part of the cage section if I can’t get it thru the oversized door so we’ll see how this works out??

• Like 1