Hot Springs Aria: No heat or jets

Wayned24

Hello all. I’m new to the forum. I recently hooked up a 2008 Hot Springs Aria hot tub at my house. It has set for almost two years, but we finally got the power ran to it and it powered up. The lights work, the panel works, radio works, but for some reason, the jets and the heat won’t work? We thought it might be airlocked, so we’ve been trying to troubleshoot that way, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Does anyone have any ideas as to why both the heat and jets don’t work? Thanks! 

I can tell you what I remember from yesterday that we did:

Installed a 2 pole 50 amp breaker inside by breaker box, ran wire from the breaker to the box outside which has a 20amp and 30amp breaker inside. Then we wired the hot tub and connected it to the outside breaker box. The wire we ran from inside to outside was the correct 240v wire or whatever it’s called. 

You need to get an electrician out there to wire it. That is not going to do. You have single pole breakers in that box and are sending 0 volts to the 240v circuit but still get 120v to the 120v control circuit. The good news is it shouldn't have damaged anything. But it cannot be made to work with what you have there.

The first problem is your two breakers are single pole 120v breakers not 240v double pole breakers. The box they are in will not hold 2 double pole breakers, so you can't use it.

And you must have gfci breakers.

And your wire must be rated for the amps of the circuit or it will burn out and possibly burn your house down.

The main problem is that if you don't know that you should not be doing the electrical work in the first place. You are lucky, as you could have fried your $800 circuit board, or electrocuted someone, or burned down your house. I am sorry, but I do not feel you or whomever wired that is qualified to do so, and I cannot in good conscience explain how, as I am not confident in the safety of the rest of the wiring work that was, or will be, done. 

@CanadianSpaTech, would you care to explain it?