Aqua Spa Deluxe - ‘HL’ error code

IPrice12

Hi,

I have been having some issue with my Aqua Sla deluxe. The tub has been working fine recently, but yesterday the display started showing upwards of 40C, before reaching 48C and showing the ‘HL’ error code. I have followed the steps I have found online - but to no avail. I have had an electrician test the pump, flow switch etc and everything seems fine. Even when the power was on - the bubble, filter and even the heater worked (wouldn’t warm the water but you could hear the pump working). Has anyone had this issue or know of how to repair it? I have ordered a new digital thermostat sensor to see if this is the issue. 

Thanks

0FDA905C-D837-45E6-8FFF-81EC5A379A04.jpeg

HL is high limit, which indicates the system thinks there is a high temperature at the heater. This is often caused by a low flow condition from clogged filters or a damaged pump, or a faulty high limit sensor which is located on the heater.

Post a pic of the equipment area and circuit board so we can see what we are dealing with.

8 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

HL is high limit, which indicates the system thinks there is a high temperature at the heater. This is often caused by a low flow condition from clogged filters or a damaged pump, or a faulty high limit sensor which is located on the heater.

Post a pic of the equipment area and circuit board so we can see what we are dealing with.

Thanks very much for the reply. I’ll try and take some photos tomorrow and upload. From reading other responses, there is usually a ‘Reset’ button on various Spa/Hot Tubs, doesn’t seem to be one on this model. It was strange as even with the ‘HL’ displayed - the bubbles, filter and heater were all working (bubbles working 100%, filter filtrating & the heater making a noise as normal when heating). It was working a couple of days ago, strange that it would stop working. 

• 6 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 9:21 PM, RDspaguy said:

How do you get into these units please. We have similar problem. No code but only the top 2 inches of water heats up

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have the aqua spa deluxe at home, I went to turn it on 5ne other day and the heater won’t come on on it’s own, when I turn it on to heat the water the jets are coming on, does anyone have any ideas? Or if this can’t be sorted where I could purchase this make from again?

• 1 month later...

The issue I had was the heat sensor failed - I replaced this with a cheap one from Ebay (about £4/5) and that seemed to work, althought I did have to scrape out the epoxy that was holding the old one in. 

Unfortunately the pump failed around 2months later and replaced this (£80.). The spares I bought were from a French website selling the Aqua Spa equipment. 

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Jon 26 said:

Does anyone know how you access the pump on a aqua spa please 

If you google it, it should come up (Cleverspa is similar)

1. deflate the pool

2. take off the panel (couple of small switches & 2 nuts to loosen). 
3. Take out the pipes (overflow pipe & filter from the inside) and make sure that the pipes from the outside are loose

4. pull the ‘unit’ where the pump is from underneath (will be a bit stiff due to the polystyrene insulation). 
5. there will be a few screws on the top of the grey unit, take them loose & access to the pump should be there - you may need to take the heater element loose as well (can’t remember). Easy-ish job, just need patience! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, Jon 26 said:

What was the name of the company you bought your spare parts from , my filter pump won’t come on it lights up on the panel when pressed ,but nothing happening 

hello, did you manage to sort this out? Mine has just done this today, was working fine but turned off the filter to change it and now it won't come back on but when pressed the light still comes on 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi my Aqua spa will not heat up. I have changed the filter. When I turn on the filter and heater it doesn’t work no sound. The bubbles are fine. I have emptied the water and filled again but still no luck. I haven’t a manual and have no idea what to do next 

• 3 weeks later...

The HL error code is 100% the thermostat, Ive changed 3 now. They are in the flow of hot water which rapidly reduces their lifespan. I relocated the last one I changed because I was fed up changing them, they’re very cheap, but it’s a time consuming job. I soldered the new one on and then led it out of the pipe that the hot water comes out and sealed it where it used to come out, problem solved, just put the wire and thermostat in the filter sock. Next time it stops working I can solder a new one on without even emptying the tub. 

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

If you're receiving the 'HL' error code on your Aqua Spa Deluxe and the temperature is showing as 40C or higher, it's an indication that the hot tub is overheating. Here are some potential solutions:

1. Check the water temperature: The first thing to do is to check the actual water temperature in the hot tub. Use a thermometer to check the temperature and compare it to the temperature displayed on the control panel. If the water temperature is indeed too high, turn off the hot tub immediately and let it cool down.

2. Check the water flow: Make sure there's adequate water flow through the hot tub. Check the water level and make sure the jets are operating normally. Low water flow can cause the heater to overheat, triggering the 'HL' error code.

3. Check the filter: Make sure the filter is clean and not clogged. A dirty or clogged filter can cause low water flow, leading to overheating and the 'HL' error code.

4. Check the thermostat sensor: If the thermostat sensor is faulty, it can cause the hot tub to overheat. You mentioned that you've ordered a new sensor, so once it arrives, you can replace the old sensor and see if that resolves the issue.

It's important to address the 'HL' error code as soon as possible to prevent damage to your hot tub's components and ensure safe operation.

1405447254335.jpeg

• 2 months later...