2001 Hot Springs Landmark no jets no heat

I have a 2001 Hot Springs Landmark that isn't getting heat and the jet motor isn't working. The circ pump is working great. I replaced my relay board and my main board a few months ago and it has run great since then until now. I'm pretty sure the relay board is supposed to have a red light and a green light but all I am getting is a red light. The red and green light on the main board are lit up as expected. No other lights inside are on. The power light on the controls is on but the ready light isn't, again, to be expected. I would assume this new board is bad but I'm not sure. Any guidance on diagnosing this would be greatly appreciated. 

I looked and felt all around the heater and was not able to find any kind of reset button. I also removed all of the filters and there was no change in how the hot tub operated. Even tried keeping it off for 5 minutes after removing the filters and still no change. I did notice though that when I click clean, jets one, or jets two I can hear the relay click. I'm still not getting heat or jets but I do hear that click.

I do have a multimeter. It's a cheap one but it should get the job done. This hot tub came with my house a few years ago so some things might not be ideal, like the light being unplugged. My guess is they tried to replace the light and got the wrong one because I plugged the light in when we first got here and it kept making the hot tub stop working. Not too worried about the light though, it'd be cool to have but I'm not spending money on that right now. The pressure switch is also jumped instead of being plugged in. I don't know why it's like that but it has been for several years and hasn't caused an issue that I'm aware of.

IMG_20200626_174858.jpg

Ok. Time to check the sensors. There are 2 in the heater with wires going to terminals on the board labeled limit therm and reg therm if I remember correctly. Unplug and test resistance on both with your meter set to 20k ohms or higher. They should be within a few hundred ohms of each other. If they are not, replace both.

The jets not working and no heat should be unrelated as the jet pumps have nothing to do with heat.

Without having a competent tech on site, not sure what the troubleshooting process should be.  These older Hot Springs also have what is called a control head located behind the outside control panel.  That control head could be the issue for both problems or neither.  The control head, heater relay circuit board, heater, circulation pump and the thermistors could be issues when not heating.  The control head, main control board and the pumps could be the issue for no jets.

when you press the jets button can you hear a relay click on the circuit board?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, castletonia said:

not sure what the troubleshooting process should be.

I generally test everything testable before I start buying parts that aren't. When it comes to the control head and circuit board the only way to know which is to plug in a new control head and if that doesn't work get a board.

Just one of the things that I love about watkins.🤪 And no error codes, just lights. WTF??? Would someone please tell them this is the computer age?

Sorry, I get crabby in the morning.😉

The sensors tested fine and are only a few months old. The control head was also replaced a few months ago. Everything I replaced a few months ago is heat sensors, circ pump, main board, control head, and heater relay board. It was working fine for a while then just suddenly wasn't one day. 

The control head seems fine. It displays everything you'd expect to see including an image when I click the jets on. I do hear the relays click when I do jets 1, jets 2, or clean. And from my understanding the heater relay board should have a D9 and a D10 light on but only the red one D9 light is on. I feel like that should be a big clue but I don't know what that clue is. 

I also agree that I would assume the pump and heater would be unrelated but they did stop working at exactly the same time so that has me thinking they are linked. 

Edited by foamy9210

I haven't pulled them yet. It's kind of a pain so I wanted to see if there were other suggestions first. I did have a thought though. I think it's a 240 volt hot tub. Now I'm just spitballing here but it it possible that it is only getting 120 volts for some reason? I don't know how that would possibly happen but I think it makes sense. I would think the only things that would run on 240 would be the jets and the heater. So everything else would work as expected but the jets and heater would all fail at the same time. That would fit my current situation perfectly. But like I said I don't know if that's possible for it to be the problem.