Any recommends for tub polish?

I have a new to me limelight flair. Great shape overall it's a pearl color shell. Looks like the previous owner had no lifter and the mesh under cover scratched up the topside.  Not bad but you can see it in certain lighting conditions with sun etc.  Its got 2 small sections that are more than swirls. I read polishing compound for cars works. I have experience detailing I was just wondering if someone has done this before and looking for a product recommendation.  Most stuff I see is just wipe on waxy stuff.  I need something a little more aggressive for the 2 spots

Sounds like crazing and see it often.

How to (never tried it but seems simple enough. If you try it take before and after photos and post please).

Here: https://calspas.com/downloads/technical_bulletin/2012/Troubleshooting Guide for Acrylic Crazing.pdf

Example photos of crazing here: http://multitechproducts.com/pages/Crazing.html#:~:text=Crazing appears as very small,the tightly coiled polymer chains.&text=Since styrene is a strong,crazing in an acrylic spa.

• Like 1

I have never tried it either but seems simple enough. Was hoping he would give it a shot and post up the before and after the results. Will have at it on the next flip tub I get and go crazing on it.

Magic eraser works great on scuff marks and light scratches as well. Works like magic

• Haha 1

Thanx for the links. It's not crazing they are just swirls mostly.  If it was I'd have the heat gun on it now that's a slick fix makes total sense.  The 2 spots are wear spots long and skinny on a raised part of shell opposite the control pad both sides. Im guessing the cheap cover on it has a rough mesh backer under it that's been rubbing it on every slide off.   

RDspaguy I figured you were around these parts.  They're lucky to have you here sharing the knowledge. 

When you say acrylic clearcoat are we talking about spraying on a new topcoat after some prep like blending clearcoat on a car paintjob?  Enlighten me please 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Magic eraser works great on scuff marks and light scratches as well. Works like magic

6 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Try the magic eraser first (works like magic😂). It can't hurt, and Canadaguy knows his stuff too.

Nowhere near as knowledgeable with HotTubs as these two guys, but I do work with plastics all day long for a living.  If you don't suspect crazing, I would start with a micro-abrasive like melamine foam (aka Magic Eraser) - it's the safest and easiest way to start without causing damage to the shell

I keep a box of generic melamine foam eraser pads around the home/office for all sorts of uses, I've even found them to work better than harsh chemicals sometimes depending on the surface.  Just my $0.02

• Like 1