Spa Blower Troubles

The Spa blower turns on, but is spewing water where it meets the vertical PVC, and I'm not getting air through the spa jets. When I pull the black head unit off the PVC it's filled with water...I do know that the screw is missing right where they join, I took it out to take a look. Just wondering if the PVC should have water in it? Just realized that the valves are in the pool filtering position.IMG_5871.thumb.jpeg.5373df848a0875afc0090da0212f5ee5.jpeg

Thanks in advance

IMG_5872.thumb.jpeg.15e82cc30973be5c4689182b5f704d17.jpeg

IMG_5870.jpeg

IMG_5872.thumb.jpeg.3cbcd3a1d973a4fc73244b07701f9922.jpegThis is the only Spa valve, right now it is in the pool position. Water runs through the spa and overflows into a small waterfall and into the pool. When the spa is turned on the waterfall stops and water is circulated into the spa only. Hope this makes sense. So should there be water in the vertical PVC that the blower is attached to?

IMG_5875.jpeg

There may be water in the pipe when the blower is off, it depends on how it was built. The water is not the issue, it is whatever is preventing the air from pushing the water out into the spa. There are often a valve of some sort inline with the blower for winterization. This may be hidden in a bush or under a cap and need a long tee handle to operate like a water main, or be a check valve buried underground. There is no set rule or code for this, so it is whatever the builder did. 

You could have a failed check valve or broken pipe underground, an obstruction that got in the pipe (such as a wasp or mouse nest), or even closed jets in the spa. 

Do the spa jets work? Is the water coming from them clear or white?

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out 1 of the valves was in the winter position. Now I have a new problem. When the spa is on without the blower going I get a constant leak just below where the blower attaches to the PVC. We did install a new check valve and had to secure it with a pin through a hole that we drilled, otherwise the fan would blow itself off of the PVC. Did we create this problem by drilling the hole?

No, your pump is pressurizing the blower line. This can be caused by the jet internals being damaged, turned to the off position, or improperly installed. It appears that your jets are adjustable by turning the nozzle inside the jet. Make sure they are all open.

It could also be the result of the pump flow rate exceeding the combined flow rate of the jets. Is your pump a variable speed? Do you know the hp of the pump?

The pump is 2HP, we have 6 jets in the spa. It worked fine last season. Due to finances we opened the pool ourselves this year, it's a learning process. Adjusting the jets seems to have little or no effect on air or water. Here's a video of the spa with blower on, way too much air. We installed the jets and I'm pretty sure there's only one way for them to go in. I can deal with the excessive air, what I'm trying to prevent is losing pool water when the blower is off and spa is on.

thanks for your help!