Canadian Spa Company Swift Current V2 Impeller repair

tenzen

11 hours ago, Kalzipman said:

Please could i have pdf info to change Fluval 304/5 impeller total novice but will give it ago  thx 

The impellor is located in step 10

https://support.canadianspacompany.com/en/support/solutions/articles/6000227783-v2-portable-control-unit-disassembly-guide-pump-replacement

Its fairly easy to change just take your time. The tubes that come out of the side can be tight just be careful if you have to use some force

UPDATE 24/1/21

Sorry to report that my FLUVAL Impellor disintegrated and failed. It must have happened over night because in the morning there was the E5 code and the water was a lot hotter than normal. I had almost decided to scrap the whole tub as the E5 code should mean a return to CS for them to fix but it turned out to be a VERY easy fix!!! 

NEW IMPELLOR -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RDEXP-Magnetic-Impeller-Submersible-Replacement/dp/B01E6V649Y/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=16mm+magnetic+impeller&qid=1603265200&sr=8-2

Working well and comes with a stainless steel shaft!!

E5 CODE ERROR FIX!!!

Please note I am no technician and you do this at your own risk. I tried it because I had nothing left to lose with this crappy tub!!

2 thermal reset buttons inside the PCU pressed!

FIXED! 

No sending back to CS with their ridiculous customer services and extortionate fees!

20210117_142111.jpg

20210117_142120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Chippie said:

Long shot 

I’m trying to replace impeller on version 1

Is there a pdf / link on the process ? 

or any advice on how to open up the unit. Looks straight forward but proving challenging 

many thanks 

Mines a V2 but I think they are essentially the same thing. Here's the guide for the v2

https://support.canadianspacompany.com/en/support/solutions/articles/6000227783-v2-portable-control-unit-disassembly-guide-pump-replacement

This is the version 1.

Just trying to get into it to get to the pump looks to be that need to pretty much dismantle the whole thing. 

The impeller with arrow, i can turn it but it gets stuck before it does a full revolutiuon. 
back flushed, tried a suction / blow air see it anything is logged in there. 
the pump is still working as when tested is kicks the impeller round till it sticks. 

V1 big difference is that the front ports dont seem to twist off as the V2 one does. which then makes lifting the lid off simple.  
makes getting to the internals perplexing!!! 

569730224_Canadianspaimpeller.jpg

Canadian spa.jpg

V1 a.jpg

v1 b.jpg

3 hours ago, Akira1424 said:

I cant see the ports very clearly but I know on mine they didn't come off easily and I had to use a wrench/grippers to twist them off but I'd try that at your own risk 

I’ve managed to get in !!!! 
I’ll put a how to when I put it all back together!

got the impeller plastic shaft through the middle broken. 

7BB611DD-27DE-43E5-97E3-2881E0E1AAF0.jpeg

0DC7A2A3-C745-493F-9076-C53DA7014E66.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akira1424 said:

Have a look at my Update post above. That replacement impeller has been working great for the V2 hopefully it will fit yours

thanks for your help. 
Looks smaller 

the dimensions on v1 impeller 

shaft (stainless) 82mm minus rubbers

blade width 42mm

blade height 10mm

magnet width 20mm

magnet height 40mm

total height 62mm

now begins the search for a replacement. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 6:53 PM, Chippie said:

thanks for your help. 
Looks smaller 

the dimensions on v1 impeller 

shaft (stainless) 82mm minus rubbers

blade width 42mm

blade height 10mm

magnet width 20mm

magnet height 40mm

total height 62mm

now begins the search for a replacement. 

Did you manage to find a replacement impeller?  Also, any tips on getting the V1 unit apart would be very much appreciated.

My V1 unit just broke today.  The impeller has been making a very loud noise for a while now and I guess it finally failed completely.

9 hours ago, io_2000 said:

Did you manage to find a replacement impeller?  Also, any tips on getting the V1 unit apart would be very much appreciated.

My V1 unit just broke today.  The impeller has been making a very loud noise for a while now and I guess it finally failed completely.

Hi Io,

Sounds exactly like mine.
Its a work in progress. I think I have found a replacement, Intex Pure Spa Impeller. its very close match. awaiting one to see if it fits. £18.35.

To get in to the unit. 
- underneath there are some screws to remove.
- then the interesting part !! the heater port needs to come off. 

- top of unit the control pad, 4 screw below rubber plugs. the rubbers should come out fairly easily. Lift off the control pad. underside of lid unscrew the cover to the control circuit board. then unplug the cable lid is now separate to the unit. 
- looking down on the inside to the unit next to the heat port there is one screw connecting it the outer case. 
- then from the outside you then need to slide a crew driver in alongside it to get to the four screws holding the blower. Its fiddly but its the only way to remove the (black) heat port. screws off and then it twists off. 
- now you can lift the lid off. the other two ports (air) (water in) stay in place. 
- impeller is under the black lid, that twists off.
- now you'll see the impeller. If lifts out. You'll probably see blades missing or its come unstuck.

if thats not making sense shout and ill get some photos for you. 

2 minutes ago, Winston999 said:

Hey, you purchased one yet. 

I can give you the measurements to the intex pure impeller as I have one spare if you like?

yes please, its a battle to find an impeller to match the Canadian Spa V1 

one key one is shaft length without rubber ends and with. 
It looks like the rubber seals when then degrade the impeller gets mobile then chews its self up. 

dimensions of rubber ends, height and width. 

Cheers Winston. 

Here's the measurements to the intex.

Intex Pure
blade width 38mm
blade height 12mm
magnet width 18mm
magnet height 36mm
total height 60mm

Intex shaft is 73mm

Canadian Spa V1 
blade width 42mm
blade height 10mm
magnet width 20mm
magnet height 40mm
total height 62mm

Don't see why it won't work. Only issue is shaft length.

Do you a have link to the one your gonna purchase? I can let you know if is an original intex impeller.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Winston999 said:

Here's the measurements to the intex.

Intex Pure
blade width 38mm
blade height 12mm
magnet width 18mm
magnet height 36mm
total height 60mm

Intex shaft is 73mm

Canadian Spa V1 
blade width 42mm
blade height 10mm
magnet width 20mm
magnet height 40mm
total height 62mm

Don't see why it won't work. Only issue is shaft length.

Do you a have link to the one your gonna purchase? I can let you know if is an original intex impeller.

Cheers

Hi winston,

whats the shaft diameter ? thinking use the V1 shaft with the intex impeller ? 

21 minutes ago, Winston999 said:

On top of my head I believe it was 3mm.

Whats the V1 shaft length and thickness?

Cheers

3mm for the V1
do you have an Intex one to check ? 

thanks winston

heres the one thats an option. 

but they are saying shafts 85mm so different to the one you have listed. 
any links to the one you have mentioned? 

Intex-Pure-Spa-Pump-Impeller-and-Shaft-Excellent-OEM-Part-UK-Seller

That impeller is not the original. It is an alternative impeller that works for the intex.

For the shaft length they just cut it down.

I actually use these to fix hottubs near me. 

This is the one I use and they will cut the shaft to length you need.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=293942400686&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Interesting, there seems to be a flood of V1 failures.  It seems there might be some variations even within the V1 range, because my impeller that failed three days ago does not quite match the measurements reported here.  And most certainly, it is NOT a match to the 16mm replacement impeller advertised as "working" by @Akira1424.  (I ordered it, and am shipping it back to amazon).

I phoned Aquascape Tech Department (1-877-766-3489) and after a long conversation with a very helpful person, who pulled out a few units in their line and used a ruler to measure their dimensions, we established that the best match to what I have is this Aquascape Ultra 800 Water Pump (G3) Replacement Impeller

I received it today and installed it successfully, the tub is heating up again. It is not a perfect match: the blades are a bit shorter (span of about 38mm instead of 42mm) and wider (about 9mm instead of 7mm on the original).  Most importantly, the body of the magnet is the same 18mm diameter but is a bit shorter, and I was worried the impeller would sit too low and the bottom of the blades would scrape the top of the plastic well, but it just cleared.  It comes as a kit, with the ceramic axis of exactly the right length, and new rubber tips that fit very nicely into the V1 pump.

Here they are side-by-side, the broken impeller on the right, held together by crazy glue for the purpose of this picture.

IMG_20210223_190133_6.jpg

Edited by SimplyTheDoctor
image added

53 minutes ago, SimplyTheDoctor said:

Interesting, there seems to be a flood of V1 failures.  It seems there might be some variations even within the V1 range, because my impeller that failed three days ago does not quite match the measurements reported here.  And most certainly, it is NOT a match to the 16mm replacement impeller advertised as "working" by @Akira1424.  (I ordered it, and am shipping it back to amazon).

I phoned Aquascape Tech Department (1-877-766-3489) and after a long conversation with a very helpful person, who pulled out a few units in their line and used a ruler to measure their dimensions, we established that the best match to what I have is this Aquascape Ultra 800 Water Pump (G3) Replacement Impeller

I received it today and installed it successfully, the tub is heating up again. It is not a perfect match: the blades are a bit shorter (span of about 38mm instead of 42mm) and wider (about 9mm instead of 7mm on the original).  Most importantly, the body of the magnet is the same 18mm diameter but is a bit shorter, and I was worried the impeller would sit too low and the bottom of the blades would scrape the top of the plastic well, but it just cleared.  It comes as a kit, with the ceramic axis of exactly the right length, and new rubber tips that fit very nicely into the V1 pump.

Here they are side-by-side, the broken impeller on the right, held together by crazy glue for the purpose of this picture.

IMG_20210223_190133_6.jpg

Don't forget mine is a V2 model