Help!! How to drain spa into pool?

New homeowner/pool owner here. There’s a horizontal crack below the bench section of the spa. We had American Leak come out to repair (they are the ones that discovered the leak).  They said they aren’t able to repair it. Now there’s a crack on the concrete near the spa area. I think we need to drain the spa ASAP to prevent further damage. We asked our pool maintenance company to assist but they always take a few days to show up. Can anyone tell us how to drain the spa into the pool? Thank you all so much!! 

EAE91C94-E972-480E-AF76-C0FED4067125.jpeg

D862F758-2FA9-453E-8489-E3D35BD62DAD.jpeg

I tried to shut off what I thought was spa return (it was set to like an 80/20), but when I turned the filter pump on, the spa started filling water in immediately. So I tried to turn the valve the other way, thinking maybe I shut off the pool return instead of the spa return, but the valve wouldn’t turn. It goes back to the 80/20 position. Is this normal? I’m complete newbie so I have no idea what I’m doing... 

E5ABA834-D05C-4FF7-973D-157E65BA3B25.jpeg

8DBF5CD8-A013-4BDD-B198-F663F0A600B5.jpeg

You can always take out the actuator and do it by hand if the tiny switch on the actuator valve is not working.  So you take out four screws that hold the actuator, lift it up, then twist and take off the little nut above the handle so you can take off the handle, put the handle on the jandy valve and turn it by hand. 

If everything is plumbed the way it should be, you'll need to turn ON the pipe on the left on your suction side - that's by the pump (picture one). On picture two you also need to turn OFF the pipe on the left (the one that has check valve on it- that is your spa return pipe). Once the spa drains, turn everything back the way it was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1