Sundance Maxxus Vs. Optima? Help!

mommym

I am the very pleasant position of deciding between the Sundance Maxxus vs. the Optima. A local furniture store that began selling them is discontinuing spa sales(but continuing service and supply sales-I made sure) and is offering huge discounts. I have 3 to choose from. #1 is a Maxxus fully loaded with stereo and Ozone for $8800. #2 is a Maxxus floor model without stereo/ozone for $7600. The body has a few scratches and it is the Bluegrass shell which I am not too crazy about but could live with. #3 is the Optima (not stereo/ozone) for $6600. I like the Maxxus because of it size because I am sure my 2 young children would swim around more that soak but either model would fit our needs. Could someone please speak to any of the following?

#1 What are you feelings on the design of each? Do you like one over the other?

#2 Will the stereo in the 1st Maxxus have a long life? I realize we could get a pretty nice stereo system for the diffence in price but it is pretty nifty and has great sound. Also I love the remote for tub controls.

#3 Does one provide better hydrotherapy over the other? They seem pretty similar to me.

#4 Are the stereo/ozone and the new factor vs. floor model worth the $1200 difference in price?

#5 Does a lighter shell make a difference in the effect of the lighting package? The one is platinum and the other green and I've heard the platinum really gives a nice effect. We couln't see them in the dark so it was hard to tell.

#6 Does one have a better track record than the other as far as reliability?

Thank you so much for your input. I love this forum and am learning a ton.

for what its worth here is my opimion based on all i've learned in the past month from the research i did.

1 - the main diff is a lounge vs no lounge, tub configuration (rectangle vs square), 2 pumps vs 3, 55 jets vs 39, and size. i think its your preference on these things

2, 3 - no experience so i cant answer that

4 - based on quote got thats the price for the 2 items. if it were me i would take it. it seems the ozone reduces main requirements

5 - diffinately, the platinum shell show the color light much better. check it on a demo with water in it if you can, i did.

6 - that's the million dollar question between the two tubs i'm considerin (sundance optima vs hot spring grandee. i would think diff models by the same mfg, with the same features would pretty much the same.

i love this forum too but i still cant decide. if i could rule out the hot sprinfgs and be in your position i would difinately go for #1 for $8,800, thats about $1,000 less then the quote i got on the optima. hey if you dont want to take #1 maybe i will. what color is the cabinet. if you do buy from the place becareful about giving a big deposit because what if he goes out of business.

M

I am the very pleasant position of deciding between the Sundance Maxxus vs. the Optima. A local furniture store that began selling them is discontinuing spa sales(but continuing service and supply sales-I made sure) and is offering huge discounts. I have 3 to choose from. #1 is a Maxxus fully loaded with stereo and Ozone for $8800. #2 is a Maxxus floor model without stereo/ozone for $7600. The body has a few scratches and it is the Bluegrass shell which I am not too crazy about but could live with. #3 is the Optima (not stereo/ozone) for $6600. I like the Maxxus because of it size because I am sure my 2 young children would swim around more that soak but either model would fit our needs. Could someone please speak to any of the following?

#1 What are you feelings on the design of each? Do you like one over the other?

#2 Will the stereo in the 1st Maxxus have a long life? I realize we could get a pretty nice stereo system for the diffence in price but it is pretty nifty and has great sound. Also I love the remote for tub controls.

#3 Does one provide better hydrotherapy over the other? They seem pretty similar to me.

#4 Are the stereo/ozone and the new factor vs. floor model worth the $1200 difference in price?

#5 Does a lighter shell make a difference in the effect of the lighting package? The one is platinum and the other green and I've heard the platinum really gives a nice effect. We couln't see them in the dark so it was hard to tell.

#6 Does one have a better track record than the other as far as reliability?

Thank you so much for your input. I love this forum and am learning a ton.