CalSpa Windsor 852 - UV/OZONE RETROFIT

Hey, so I'm interested in the UV and OZONE to reduce chemicals, ive come across one of these close to me at a very reasonable price.

Question is its used so might need a new bulb which is fine but I have a query about the ozone, like standard ozonators do the ozone in these only have a life span of 1-2years then you have to replace the full unit or as its UV does it create its own ozone?

https://www.spaparts.com.au/csn-ultrazone-uv-c-ozone-spa-sanitising-system

Cheers

An ozonators lifespan is measured in hours not years. And there are many to choose from. 

Ozone is a powerful oxidizer, much more so than any chemical used in spas, and must be kept in the water for at least 30 seconds to allow it to convert back to oxygen, as this is when the oxidation occurs. If your spa is not plumbed to do this you are just releasing ozone under your cover which does little for your water but destroys your cover, pillows, valves, topside, etc... If it wasn't designed for ozone don't put one in unless you are prepared for a plumbing job.

I am one of a handful who respond to the many posts on this forum. We have different people who know about different things. You happen to be posting about things I know.

@CanadianSpaTech is another repair expert on spas, @Cusser is a chemist and longtime spa owner, @dlleno has spent way to much time using his hot tub as a chemistry lab, @castletonia is our hot springs guru, @Ahhsomeguy is a chemical manufacturer rep I believe, @ratchett spends all his spare time researching spas from what I can tell. There are a few others I have missed who pipe up from time to time. Good bunch of people. I am just mostly retired and have no life so have more time to answer questions on this forum.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1