CalSpa Windsor 852 - Water Issues

I've been reading some other discussions and it seems fine so long as your bromine levels are lower as I've raised to 50ppm as per something I read from @dlleno or @Ahhsomeguy.

I've got a huge amount out of the tub. Just letting it run with the cover for a few more hours. If the bromine ppm is still too high I'll leave it to drain overnight but making sure I get rid of the excess from the waterline.

I see adding calcium pushes your TA up. Last fill my TA was low so I had to increase now the opposite way.

I've completely applied my calcium to get it to as near 180 as I can. Going to let it settle for 1hour to let the calcium settle and allow the ph to drop back down and retest ph, TA and calcium. Hopefully then I can finalise the balance with a view to dosing with dichlor later today.

Fun fun fun... Time for a cup of tea 🙂

Oops, sort of had the utility set to chlorine and applied far too much dichlor.

Good job I don't plan to go in for a few days lol.

Will check tomorrow AM to see if i can gain a reading as my scuba doesnt go above 13.5. If its reading ill start my decay clock from the time of reading and allow 24hours.

Screenshot_20200620-215322_Pool Pal.jpg

Aye, i have a timer set for 21.19 tonight to check 12hours later since this AM, fingers crossed I guess.

Might need some more ahh-some treatment on next drain potentially.

I'll get my CYA up, switch to bleach and then coincide it with the bromine tablets in slow dispenser for a few weeks should it be burning off too quick. At least I'm in a good place now i feel anyway.

I'd like to get one of those mineral dispensers in my filter but the nature 2 is not recommended on the bromine setup and I'm not sure if the frog ones will fit in my filter.