CalSpa Windsor 852 - Water Issues

Hey, How are these readings? Just got my new Scuba II tester and ran all tests through it.

The water was setup 24hours earlier with all chemicals \ balancing completed as i follow.

10/06 - Filled and allowed to heat overnight to 37C / 98F
11/06 - Around 08:00 - Balance TA and PH - Used 117g of Dry Acid (PH Down) - Allowed to settle for 8hours
11/06 - Around 16:00 - Checked TA and PH (All good) - Added - 90g Bromine Granules (Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrate + Sodium Bromide)
At this time i was using test strips and a cheap PH pen from Amazon but I was happy with the readings I had.
12/06 -  Scuba II Arrived - Tested with new tester all as below, just waiting on my bromine levels to settle down below 10 then i can take a dip 🙂

Bromine - 13.2ppm - A few more hours and hopefully this will come down.
PH - 7.4
TA - 74ppm
CH - Unable to test at the moment - Tester on route 🙂
CYA - 40 - Looks like the bromine granules have given me enough CYA to get into the "Hypo Chloro" stage when things settle down.
TDS @ Fill (10/06) - 335ppm
TDS Now - 386ppm

Hope all looks in order but if theres any pointers I need to keep an eye out for please let me know.

Once and always most appreciated for your time and input to help me with this battle @RDspaguy 🙋‍♂️

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-12 at 13.37.20.jpeg

So, this morning I tested and bromine was at 5.0, all levels good other than calcium.

I came back this evening, 2 adults 1 child for a quick 20min bubble.

After I got out, tested. Hit it with 25ml sodium hypo 15% it increased it to 4.0 after a 2min spin of the jets (no bubbles)

I then hit it with a further 35ml and tested again after 2mins.

I believe the sodium hypo will enable the bromine in a few moments or should i wait a couple of hours between sodium hypo apply and test?

I ran the jets for a further 15mins after the last 35ml to save my hot tub cover 🙂

1684506020_Screenshot_20200614-232941_PoolPal.thumb.jpg.f5167a305782120cae0470668505bb90.jpg

Yeah, cover went on not long after my message.

I didn't do a purge last time (but gave a shell clean) around as was waiting for the tablet. I think ill invest in some ahh some, as I have the aqua finesse spa clean tablets but reading the forums I need some ahh some.

I did put in my o-care bio film remove on Saturday so maybe the bromine has killed off whatever o-care has removed the day prior?

I'll do some more tests and post my results of all in a few moments.

Temp 37c/98f

Bro - 1.0

Ph - 7.2

Ta - 83

Ch - assume 25 (still waiting for calcium)

Cya - 44

Tds is at 440.

I've noticed the CYA increase it was previous 40 then 36 now 44. Only products added was ocare and sodium hypochloride does sodium hypo make this increase? If not probably the ocare...

At this level I think I need to apply soda ash to get the PH back around 7.5ish, im going to leave and apply some sodium hypochlorine and see what happens. I'll add a further 30ml/1oz

Screenshot_20200615-162901_Pool Pal.jpg

Edited by Rob1984qp

Cheers dude. I have some ahhsome on route along with calcium and boric acid.

I'll run her for the week keeping her topped up with sodium hypoc whilst in use.

Bit annoying the o-care isn't doing what it says on the tin!

Does aqua finesse do similar things?

Cheers