Could EZ Pool cause a blue slime to clog my filters?

Hello, first time here. 

We have had a Tidal Fit EP-14 since October and we keep getting an error message that the heater is dry.  When this occurs, I note that the filter seems to be clogged with a sort of sticky blue goo.  We are using an ozonator and granulated chlorine, ph down when needed (almost never) and ph up and baking soda to adjust the ph higher and the total alkalinity respectively.  Our dealer also suggested we use EZ Pool, one scoop every 4 days.  We did so, and our water was quite clear.  However,  even though we cleaned our filters ever few weeks, we noticed that we would get that error message and the blue goo in the filter.  Taking the filter out cures the heater dry problem.  We got new filters and the same thing happened after a week and a half.  We just bought yet another set of filters and emptied our spa.  I am worried about using the EZ Pool again if it could be the cause of our problem.  I told our dealer and he suggested we switch to AquaFinesse.  I am frankly unclear on what either the EZ Pool of the Aqua FInesse do and if they are needed at all.  Any advice? Do we just need to clean our filter more often before the goo develops?  What the heck is the goo?  We also noticed a little purple sediment in the past week before we drained it.   

Thanks in advance for any help!

--jodi

Cartridge filters do not benefit from clarifiers, it only clogs them up. And with all the other stuff in there I would not use it even in a pool with a sand filter. Get rid of it. Tell your dealer he is a moron.

Read about the dichlor/ bleach method. Do not chase a residual with an ozonator, as it is designed to burn off chlorine. Shock after use with chlorine and be happy with 0ppm the next day, that means your ozone is working.

You might also want to try Ahh-Some spa purge before you change your water, which you should do soon.