Hydropool Serenity Hot Tub dead as a doornail :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We had a transport go down through the woods last night and wreck a transformer and some lines. after the power came back on this am went out and my hot tub serenity self cleaning model is doing the exact same thing you guys have detailed. My display is saying having trouble communicating with pack. then comes the click. Its the same spa pack you have posted pictures of. Ive checked all connections and cant see anything wrong. Called a hot tub tech and his advice was to buy another one. Said once the CPU is gone its nearly impossible to fix. Im not done looking yet and I will post any progress. 

• Like 1

Ive looked everywhere an I think we all need one of these https://www.spapartsdepot.com/in-stick-in-xe-software-auto-uploader-32k-special-order/  Here is the only video I could find on it. I cannot find anywhere in the maritimes that has one of these things but apparently a power surge will delete the program from your cpu that makes it communicate wit the spa pack. Im going to keep digging

On 11/21/2020 at 6:03 AM, Adsy said:

Hi, Im in Halifax, West Yorkshire. I will remove the board again and get my Electronics guy to take a look at it.

Will let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Did you get your hot tub fix?

Here I am with the same issue..

Any ideas what was the problem?

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

4844958A-F444-4725-8179-04AFEE563677.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi please help. My hot tub is doing the same 269 code then r2 then LL1 then it went to Flo then it’s went to scln I have no idea I’m uk and my hot tub dealer is useless and doesn’t give a crap as he got paid all cash for it off me. So sad kids are heart broken. Any help would be great 

Thanks 

Tammy xxxz

• 4 months later...

It’s a 2015 2016 gecko xe . This is the year they revised the boards . Going from 1 large capacitor down to 2 smaller ones .  They are blown . That’s why on start up the spa pac keeps rebooting . They used a 50 cent cheap capacitor instead of a $1.50 one .   Common problem with the year . Take board out and you will see the 2 capacitors clearly blown and bubbled up . Replace them and all good . I have 10 yrs experience running my hot tub service company and have replaced at least 35 of these capacitors from the year mentioned . 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello 

My hydropool worked for almost two complete seasons without any problems. Suddenly the RCD keeps tripping. Have narrowed it down to the blue connector on the far right . When it’s plugged in the rcd trips. When it’s left out the hot tubs partially works, meaning the water stays cold and the two loungers don’t work. The rest of the seats work and the self clean function seems to kick in as normal. Any thoughts on what’s wrong? 

Sounds like the heater might be bad, of course it could be a bad relay. However, we don't have enough information.

Please start your own thread. Post up pictures of the inside of your control box, the wiring diagram on the inside of the cover, the equipment area and a somewhat better explanation of exactly what happens. Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use one?

What's the RCD? Is it some internal protection or is it the GFCI circuit breaker>

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, Hottubsolutions said:

It’s a 2015 2016 gecko xe . This is the year they revised the boards . Going from 1 large capacitor down to 2 smaller ones .  They are blown . That’s why on start up the spa pac keeps rebooting . They used a 50 cent cheap capacitor instead of a $1.50 one .   Common problem with the year . Take board out and you will see the 2 capacitors clearly blown and bubbled up . Replace them and all good . I have 10 yrs experience running my hot tub service company and have replaced at least 35 of these capacitors from the year mentioned . 

I have a 2017 Hydropool 720 and exact same problem happened to me just this past week.  Board not communicating with the spa pack.  As previous posters have mentioned, this is an issue with the Gecko XE spa packs.

I had a local hot tub guy stop by today, ran his tests, and confirmed the issue is a well known one for this model of spa pack.  He removed the pack in 10 minutes and is bringing it to his source to have repaired.  Will update on current cost, hopefully in a week or so.