Spa cover

I am looking for a new cover also.  We are in the Phoenix area and this will be our fourth cover.  Each cover has lasted 5 years.  The cause of failure is always sun damage to the vinyl covering.  We have never had a problem with a water-logged or heavy cover.  

I see a few of the cover companies are now offering the Weathershield fabric option in place of the marine grade vinyl that has been on all of our covers.  Does anybody know if this new cover material is going to prove to better than marine grade vinyl in a high UV damage climate like Arizona?  

I just got off the phone with Spa Depot.  The rep said they don't have enough experience yet with Weathershield as they have only been selling it as an option for one year.  The rep said that Sunbrella was is use for a while and that it was standing up much better to UV than marine vinyl.  But he said they discontinued Sunbrella because UV was penetrating the Sunbrella and damaging the core of the cover (the foam core covered by the plastic wrapper).

Thanks for any spa cover feedback.

Cheaper to replace just the vinyl if the foam inserts are not water logged.

A lot of folks up here use a Cover Cap in the Winter but perhaps it would work as a UV block. 

There are other options...not recommending them one way or the other though just providing options

Smart Top

Covana

3-5 Years is the norm though on Vinyl...cost of doing business in my book

Yes, cost of doing business is how I look at the covers.  And the cover cost is about $50 - $60 per year if I spread the cost of the cover over the 5 year life that I have been getting from my covers.  However, if Weathershield will last for 6 or 7 years, then I will pony up the extra $50 for the new material.   According to what I read, the Weathershield only needs to be cleaned with soapy water to keep it maintained.  So no more 303 treatments, which would be a side benefit as 303 is  expensive.