Hot Springs flashing green LIM OK light and clicking sound

I have what I believe to be a 2006 Hot Springs Prodigy with the IQ control box. The tub has been sitting for several months but now that I have it back cleaned and filled. When I turn on the circuit breaker I hear a clicking sound which also corresponds with the flashing green LIM OK light at the top of the control panel. The voltage going to the recirc pump seems to also be intermittent along with the flashing and clicking. The red light below it never comes on. I also get bubbles intermittently with all this as well. So leads me to believe if the recirc pump was getting constant power it would be working. I think it must be the relay for the recirc pump, but I cannot find where  or which one that is? Or is this apart of the Heater Relay Board assembly and it needs to be replaced?

Appreciate any help. Thanks eveyone

Remove filters until issue fixed. Take them out of the equation. Remove filters first then reset power. Clean "looking" filters are a flow killer.

You just filled it...Could there be an air lock in the circ pump wet end?

Have you verified with a multi meter that you have power coming off the circuit board going to the pump.

Power goes on...circ pump starts and runs...sensors pick up flow of water then heater turns on. 

Let us know results

Yes no filters in place, I pulled the top pipe to purge any air.  There IS power going to the pump but it is intermittent along with the clicking. 

I went ahead and hard wired the recirc pump to a known 120 volt source and the pump works perfectly fine. So I believe the problem is most likely a relay ahead of the recirc pump power. Now I am stuck, as I have no experience working on circuit boards. Are the relays on the circuit board replaceable? If so, safe to assume the relay in question would be the one right above the white or black wire?

Thanks again

@RDspaguy Notice no circ pump fuse protection on this one. I guess so do some don't YOM likely factor.

Disconnect most likely causes of fault or intermittent fault...both pumps, heater and circ pump then jumper flow/pressure switch and see if it starts/lights up as it should. 

Waddaya think RD

So you have power going to the main board..Do you have power coming off the main board going to the circ pump? Disconnect the circ and test power off the main board.

Yes relays can be replaced. Remove the board and have a look on the back for darkened or burnt areas. 

He has intermittent power to the circ pump that matches the blinking limit light.

I would suspect an issue with the board, but probably not a relay. Capacitor or transformer maybe? I don't know, the board is a part to me. An electronics guy might be able to find it.

• 10 months later...

This is almost a year old thread. Most likely the OP isn't going to answer you.

Please start your own thread, post up the symptoms, any error codes and pictures of the equipment area, pumps, the spa pack inside and wiring diagrams. The experts will then be along to help you out.

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem with my spa. It is a 2005 Hot Springs Vista. I measured the voltage on the white wire leading from the Relay Board to the Control Board. It has 127 v. I disconnected the  ozonator, circulation pump, and both main pumps from the board, but the same behavior (clicking and flashing) occurs. I measured the resistance of the recirculation pump and it was 40.8 ohms. The clicking appears to be coming from one of the relays behind the metal bar, but I am a bit nervous about trying to touch them because they are close to real power. I also checked the recirculation pump fuse and it is good. I suspect that the main board is bad. I have attached a picture of the control board below. I don't see any obvious signs of damage. Is there anything else that I could try? Thanks in Advance!

spa.control.board.jpg