Adding 2 valves to Hayward P4

Hi! I have an inground pool and a Hayward P4 system set in pool only mode. I have in floor cleaning and was tired of manually changing the valves so I bought 2 Hayward GVA-24 valves. I have them both installed and when I flip the switches, they tur appropriately. I have them plugged in on the control board to Valve 3 and Valve 4.

The configuration menu allows setting of valve 3 and I have it set as 'in floor cleaner' and it cycles the valve every 30 minutes, which is what I want. I can't find the same menu for valve 4.

Looking at the manual, it looks like I can setup Aux1 and Aux2 as valves, however, it doesn't seem to allow me the flexibility of making it do what valve 3 does.

Anyone have any tips as to how to get to work and do what I want? Why is there a valve 4 plug, that provides power to the valve and no programming?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want both valves to operate simultaneously, just splice the wires together. The whole actuator circuit is together anyways and protected by a 4A fuse.

You can also use Aux1=Vlv1 Aux2=Vlv2. This basically enables you to command valves 1 and 2 using keys (notice the display pad has no Vlv1 or vlv2 buttons). Bear in mind that the relays will still engage whenever you ask. Ie pushing Aux1 would both activate Vlv1 and the Aux1 relay.

Prologic systems use the same main board, from P4 up to PS16, it's just the keypads that change. For instance you could slap on a PS4 display as an upgrade, or even a PS8 display so you have a "virtual PS8".

Will

The Pool Company

Toronto

24 minutes ago, ThePoolCompany said:

If you want both valves to operate simultaneously, just splice the wires together. The whole actuator circuit is together anyways and protected by a 4A fuse.

You can also use Aux1=Vlv1 Aux2=Vlv2. This basically enables you to command valves 1 and 2 using keys (notice the display pad has no Vlv1 or vlv2 buttons). Bear in mind that the relays will still engage whenever you ask. Ie pushing Aux1 would both activate Vlv1 and the Aux1 relay.

Prologic systems use the same main board, from P4 up to PS16, it's just the keypads that change. For instance you could slap on a PS4 display as an upgrade, or even a PS8 display so you have a "virtual PS8".

Will

The Pool Company

Toronto

Welcome, Will. We've been needing a pool guy here. I've seen a few hundred over the years, but mostly work on spas.

@CanadianSpaTech, that's your neck of the woods, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

Welcome, Will. We've been needing a pool guy here. I've seen a few hundred over the years, but mostly work on spas.

@CanadianSpaTech, that's your neck of the woods, isn't it? 

Yep I'm just West of Toronto (Milton)

The only thing I know about pools goes as follows...Never buy a house with a pool...buy a house next to a house with a pool and be a good neighbour :D