1996 Marquis Voyager

I recently picked up a 1996 Marquis Voyager from an elderly lady who had just purchased a home and needed to get rid of it. When I picked it up, there was clean water in the bottom like it had ran recently. The hot tub had not been winterized so there were a few leaks/cracks I had to fix but nothing major. It appears to have been taken care of really well and nearly all of the plumbing has been replaced. I have it connected correctly and filled up with water. The digital pad does not show any error codes, all of the pumps work, the heating element has been replaced and it still won't heat up. Even the heating light is on on the pad as well. Does anyone know what my issue is?

19 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Hey canadaguy, second to last pic zoom in on the big chip above the RCRT... Does that board look crispy to you? It does to me.

And where is the pressure switch?

Is it in economy mode?

Might be but I'm leaning to light reflection. In the second pic at the bottom looks like a possible sensor. In 3rd pic I spy with my little eye a cut grey wire. Blue marrette should be removed and wire run direct to tab.

RD Heat light is on

OP post photo of inside of cover with schematic.

10 hours ago, Qulnnlng said:

I recently picked up a 1996 Marquis Voyager from an elderly lady who had just purchased a home and needed to get rid of it. When I picked it up, there was clean water in the bottom like it had ran recently. The hot tub had not been winterized so there were a few leaks/cracks I had to fix but nothing major. It appears to have been taken care of really well and nearly all of the plumbing has been replaced. I have it connected correctly and filled up with water. The digital pad does not show any error codes, all of the pumps work, the heating element has been replaced and it still won't heat up. Even the heating light is on on the pad as well. Does anyone know what my issue is?

1996 so I guess? it was well taken care of

3 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

I dunno. Pan right from the chip I mentioned to the next black chip and tou can see copper on 2 terminals.

There should be a pressure switch in that heater, not crimped wires.

Tou can see discolouration yes but were not there yet. might be a pwessure switch there but it's hiding from tou...(in Mike Tyson Voice)

Yeah yeah...

We're not there yet? Am I going too fast for you buddy? Sorry, I'll slow down so you can catch up. 😏

Caught up yet? Good. I knew I could count on you.

They spliced together some sensor wires, or something, inside the heater box with blue butt splices. There is nothing there to connect to.

The "cut gray wire" you spy is an unconnected bonding wire I believe.

The heat light is a thermostat call for heat, not a heater indicator. Just means it wants to heat. If the control circuitry is fried, it can want all it likes, the relays will not close. Look close below the mode jumper. Are you telling me you actually think that is a reflection? That is a fried board, buddy. That is every circuit out of that chip. In that condition, there is no telling what it's going to do. But it's not likely to work the way it should.

The display in this is about 1x1/2 inch, and has few if any error codes. Maybe flo and oh, and only one flo, at that. You can jumper that connection and it will work just fine. They weren't very smart back then. Looking back on it, neither was I.

• Confused 1

I’m super confused. I’m not sure if the board is fried. It’s rough though. I went ahead and ordered a whole new control pack when I found out they were on sale. That should be here by the end of the week and we’ll see what’s up. Thanks guys

9DD1B417-99CA-4843-9401-2B852595E469.jpeg

CD329054-97BE-4FA4-9EDD-31CE9F316EB9.jpeg

6CFDA109-AB73-45D3-B52D-23C448DFF1D9.jpeg

0EC3D9CE-DA39-418C-BFA4-65CA675BD5FF.jpeg

C45BCA4E-B390-4253-BD89-D87465971B0A.jpeg

• 8 months later...

My topside controller potentiometer got corroded and when adjusted spun on the control board and broke the connection wires.  I wasn’t able to solder into this Bourns pot so I purchased a new pot. I didn’t know the resistance of this old pot so I guessed and added a 1k pot and went for it.  So far it seems to be working and all is good so far.  My question is does it matter what the resistance is for the potentiometer?  ( heat controller) I feel like everything is working and I can’t now adjust the heat.  I’m new at this electronic stuff but desperate to save my 26 year old builder series spa.  

81704D88-DBC3-4EE8-907A-DFAEB8347C1C.png

2DEBBC70-BAF3-49E1-BB41-1A834BBE722F.jpeg