Mr

Adam cast

Chemical issues

Hi I have recently bought the lazy spa honolulu 920 litres. I set up day one added 3 tea spoons of dissolved stabalized chlorine granules and left for 24 hours. Tested water free chlorine level was 5, pH was low at 6.8 and total alkalinity was 80. I added 1 tea spoon of dissolved pH plus and tested 4 hours later. Everything was good so it was used heavily for the the rest of the day. Next morning I tested again pH OK, alkaline OK but chlorine free was down to about 1. I dissolved 2 teaspoons of chlorine and added to spa. left it for 4 hours retested and chlorine free level was down to 0. I left it for the rest of the day. Today I checked again and it still on 0.I am left in a dilemma as the test says to much chlorine can dye the test stick if level is over 15. The question is which end of the scale am I. Do I need to reduce the chlorine because its over 15 or higher chlorine because its 0. Thank you in advance I have a wife and 5 year who just want to get in it

the first think I would do is get a Taylor "drop wise" test kit.  they are affordable, wonderfully accurate, and can a very wide range of levels.  only then will you really begin to understand how your own water behaves and how much sanitizer you consume.  test strips are notoriously inaccurate