Looking for a Hot Tub on Long Island, advice needed.

Good evening. Hope all is well during this crazy time. So, me and the wife have decided to get a hot tub. I am overwhelmed with all the choices,. I came across a local company selling a Dr. Wellness spa, but the reviews are less than favorable.  If anyone has any advice on company and or brand, I would appreciate it.  Looking for a 6-8 seater.  Thank you.

Avoid Dr Wellness, its probably as low of quality as you can get.  The manufacturers I would suggest are: Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, Dimension One, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Sundance.  Visit their websites and use the dealer locator to see who you have available locally.  The only brands that are important are the ones you can actually purchase.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, castletonia said:

Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, Dimension One, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Sundance

The dream team... in alphabetical order. 👍

My advice is always the same... a good dealer is more important than a good deal. Catchy, isn't it? So it's easy to remember...

You are going to be dealing with your dealer for years. All spas have their problems, even the dream team, and you want someone experienced with a good reputation. Don't buy from the home show (unless it is a local dealers booth), or thermospas, or costco, unless you already have someone to work on it. Good service will matter much more to you in the long run than the name on the spa or a 20% difference in price.

And don't buy without sitting in one first. Test every seat for fit, they are not always one-size-fits-all.

I am in the same situation. On Long Island looking to get a hot tub for the 1st time. Was thinking a hot spring vanguard or pulse. My question is I want to get a pergola above it and have to get electrical hook up to my shed. Who do you call for that? Separate electrician and pergola company? A GC? Or am I missing something? What type of trade do I go with? Also Sandman any progress on your project?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 3:34 PM, JLats said:

I am in the same situation. On Long Island looking to get a hot tub for the 1st time. Was thinking a hot spring vanguard or pulse. My question is I want to get a pergola above it and have to get electrical hook up to my shed. Who do you call for that? Separate electrician and pergola company? A GC? Or am I missing something? What type of trade do I go with? Also Sandman any progress on your project?

If you go through a dealer - which,  I STRONGLY recommend - for advice,  guidance,  and any questions you'll have post-purchase/install - he or she SHOULD have the name of at least one electrician who knows his or her stuff about installing hot tubs.

1500+ liters of water,    probably 220 volts,  and a number of rear ends in that water - you don't want to horse around.   Spend the extra money,  get the electrical permits,  and DO IT RIGHT.   Separate breaker,   and ,  according to all local electrical codes.