Help with installing a new Circulation Pump.

We live in England & inherited a 13 year old Clearwater Beechcraft Spa when we moved in 8 years ago. I am a private individual, but due to Coronavirus, I can’t get a professional Hot Tub engineer to visit. So I’m hoping I can get some help. The circulation pump is an EMG ( Italian) pump and is now leaking between the wet and motor side and it is almost certainly the seal. I have removed the pump and it is very calcified, rusted and generally in poor condition. I am unable to remove the shaft to see if I could replace the seal and have given up. I suspect the pump needs replacing anyway. I do not think this is the original pump as all the 4 jet pumps are Waterway Pumps. ( 11.4A HS 3.2A LS)  

I can find nothing on the internet about the EMG (Italian) circulation pump I have, but the data plate on the pump tells me the following

Model 202SA0701

Type 63/4 ( I don;t know what this is?) 

RPM 1450-1740

A Max 0.9

KW1 Max 0.19

PH 1  ( I don’t know what this is?) 

Fittings are 2 Inch.

The Spa volume is 2044 litres / 540 Gallons

On researching, I believe I currently have a two speed pump ( the RPM range apparently tells me that?). However, I cannot find a circulation pump with 2 inch fittings that has Max amps of less than 1. In fact most seem to be between 5 and 9 amps. I am worried that I might damage the main PCB in the  Hot Tub if I use a bigger current or RPM?  The existing pump is currently wired for two speeds, but what would happen if I wired in a single speed pump? Would that damage anything? 

I can do the plumbing ok – but any help with the question of current and what type I should get would be a big help.  The LX models seem a lot cheaper than Waterway & Aquaflow etc, but I guess there is a reason for that. Thank you. 

It's odd that it is a 2-speed. Can you post a photo of it?

Contact Clearwater and there is likely a replacement pump or they can direct ypu to a european dealer that carries the part

https://www.clearwaterspas.com/about-cw/contact-us/

Waterway Europe. Perhaps contact them directly Number at bottom of catalog  

http://www.waterwayeurope.com/download/WW_Product_Catalogue_2019_07_Screen.pdf

Thanks all - very helpful.   Dear Spa Guru - I now understand what you say regarding the 50 or 60hz and that makes sense - thank you. That is one problem solved!

As to union sizes, there is a clearly marked 2 inch gate valve beside the pump inlet ( which I shut off)  and which I just assumed was the pipe size.  I have just measured the EXTERNAL diameter of the Pump thread carefully and it measures  2 & 3/8" inches in diameter.  Does that confirm I need a 1 1/5 inch pump fitting?  If so, then if I understand correctly, I probably need a single speed circulation pump with 1 & 1/2 inch union threads - ideally with 1amp Max or less max. Would you agree? 

Last question - in your expert view should I consider the Whirlpool LX model or not?  For example, in the UK I can buy that style of pump for a third of the price of an Iron Might or an Aquaflow.  If it lasts for 4 years then maybe it's better value - unless it is damaging the system?

Thanks again......