Sundance Optima Vs Hot Springs Grandee

cancel99

I was just about to commit to a Cameo with Sunsound stereo , sunzone cd ozone, steps, cover and lift, remote drink tray, extra micro ii filter, start up kit, delivery and set up, the total when. i was literally on my way to the showroom and in the car when my cousin called on the cell and told me that a fellow worker strongly suggested I look at Hot Springs, so of course I changed directions and went to a Hot spring Dealer, who unbeknownst to me at the time also sold Sundance spas. He said he was one of only five in ther US allowed to sell both.

The main difference, as it was presented, is that the Hot Springs will require less maintenance and keep the water cleaner. It has five filters in the scimming compartment and the Tri-x filter (which the dealer included for me in his quote) does not get tossed out like the Sundance filter (which only has one in the Optima's scimming compartment). The Tri-x is cleaned in the disher and reused. Also the salesman said that there is no need for an ozonator but after i read through the Hot Springs brochure i see that they offer a few options which appear to be to keep the water clean, " ever fresh water care system", "fresh water iii High output ozone system" and "fresh ewater continious silver ion purifer". can anyone tell me if its worth adding these extras on? do any of them reduce the maintenance needed? does the cost of adding them on outweight the benefit or vice vresa?

i'm not sure that the price quotes for these to are comparable because the Optima at $9,800 comes with the Stereo & ozonator vs the Gandee at $9,300 does not. For both I'm told that this is the best time of year to buy a hot tub because the final 2005 orders are being placed and delivered, which are being sold at the 2005 prices. Any comments on the price quotes.

i would especially loved to hear from any consumers that purchased either one these hot tubs, what options they got, any regrets that they may have about not getting an option or getting an option and finding that it was not really necessary. and if anyone is comfortable about telling me what they paid that would be great but i understand if you want to keep this to yourself.

inasmuch as the dealer does sell both brands is there any reason he was pushing hot springs (funny thing is that he was wearing a sundance shirt). are the margins or commissions higher on the hot springs?

i must say that the web site - forum is wonderful and when i eventually (hopefully this week) buy my hot tub i will regularly continue to be a participant, helping others in this community.

thanks,

michelle

I was just about to commit to a Cameo with Sunsound stereo , sunzone cd ozone, steps, cover and lift, remote drink tray, extra micro ii filter, start up kit, delivery and set up, the total when. i was literally on my way to the showroom and in the car when my cousin called on the cell and told me that a fellow worker strongly suggested I look at Hot Springs, so of course I changed directions and went to a Hot spring Dealer, who unbeknownst to me at the time also sold Sundance spas. He said he was one of only five in ther US allowed to sell both.

The main difference, as it was presented, is that the Hot Springs will require less maintenance and keep the water cleaner. It has five filters in the scimming compartment and the Tri-x filter (which the dealer included for me in his quote) does not get tossed out like the Sundance filter (which only has one in the Optima's scimming compartment). The Tri-x is cleaned in the disher and reused. Also the salesman said that there is no need for an ozonator but after i read through the Hot Springs brochure i see that they offer a few options which appear to be to keep the water clean, " ever fresh water care system", "fresh water iii High output ozone system" and "fresh ewater continious silver ion purifer". can anyone tell me if its worth adding these extras on? do any of them reduce the maintenance needed? does the cost of adding them on outweight the benefit or vice vresa?

i'm not sure that the price quotes for these to are comparable because the Optima at $9,800 comes with the Stereo & ozonator vs the Gandee at $9,300 does not. For both I'm told that this is the best time of year to buy a hot tub because the final 2005 orders are being placed and delivered, which are being sold at the 2005 prices. Any comments on the price quotes.

i would especially loved to hear from any consumers that purchased either one these hot tubs, what options they got, any regrets that they may have about not getting an option or getting an option and finding that it was not really necessary. and if anyone is comfortable about telling me what they paid that would be great but i understand if you want to keep this to yourself.

inasmuch as the dealer does sell both brands is there any reason he was pushing hot springs (funny thing is that he was wearing a sundance shirt). are the margins or commissions higher on the hot springs?

i must say that the web site - forum is wonderful and when i eventually (hopefully this week) buy my hot tub i will regularly continue to be a participant, helping others in this community.

thanks,

michelle

If this is a 2005.5 grandee, the Tri-ex filters come standard, he's not giving them to you unless it's the earlier model, the new one has the double moto massage. The price for that model is fair. go with the Fresh water ozone expext to pay 3-$400 for ozone, pre-filter and silver ion. Spaudio will knock you back $16-1800 but can always be added later. In mho the grandee is a GREAT spa and will last you a lifetime.

thanks,

michelle

What part of the country do you live in? I work for a dealer that sells both in Los Angeles. Both are great spas and you won't go wrong with either one. The Optima is a square spa and the Grandee is a little bit more rectangular I believe and a little larger. Their filtration systems are different but both excellent. Some like the waterfall on the Optima better. They are the two top brands so again it is a matter of preference. The Grandee has the moto massage which a lot of people just love. I would recommend if possible trying them both out with water and seeing which feels better to you.

ELise

Hi E,

Yes your comments about the size, water fall and filtration system are correct. I read some comments that the Moto can have some problems and the optima jets appear strudier then the hot springs jets. i live in NJ so you being in Ca probably will not work out for us but i would greatly if you could ask your HS dealer if it is true that HS is changing to a sturdier jet like in the Sundance optima next year?

thanks and have a great day,

M

What part of the country do you live in? I work for a dealer that sells both in Los Angeles. Both are great spas and you won't go wrong with either one. The Optima is a square spa and the Grandee is a little bit more rectangular I believe and a little larger. Their filtration systems are different but both excellent. Some like the waterfall on the Optima better. They are the two top brands so again it is a matter of preference. The Grandee has the moto massage which a lot of people just love. I would recommend if possible trying them both out with water and seeing which feels better to you.

ELise

You haven't mentioned if you wet tested. Those two spas are going to "sit" very differently and there will be a substantial difference in the feel of the jets. The wet test should decide it for you. Given the price point, make sure it's the one you really fits you well, and has jets you like, not the one with the stereo, or the one with 5 filters or......you get the point. You are fortunate. You should be able to test them back to back and know right away which you prefer. Good Luck.

Both brands are certainly great and the wet test will decide for you. I was looking at both of these brands as well and went with the Grandee based on size and persoanl fit. I paid $8500 plus tax which included delivery and set up but no ozone (which I can add later). I have not heard of any problems with the moto massages, but folks seem to either love them or hate them. Again, your wet test will show you which is right for you.

I should also add that I have been pondering whether I should get ozone as well. Of course, not having it now I can't really know if it will be worth it or not. I can say that I have owned the tub for a month and have found it to keep the water very clear and the water/chemical maintenance has been very easy. This is somewhat cooling my desire for an ozone since all seems to be well at this point. I wonder if others would recommend that we get them...hopefully we will get some feedback.

Both brands are certainly great and the wet test will decide for you. I was looking at both of these brands as well and went with the Grandee based on size and persoanl fit. I paid $8500 plus tax which included delivery and set up but no ozone (which I can add later). I have not heard of any problems with the moto massages, but folks seem to either love them or hate them. Again, your wet test will show you which is right for you.

I should also add that I have been pondering whether I should get ozone as well. Of course, not having it now I can't really know if it will be worth it or not. I can say that I have owned the tub for a month and have found it to keep the water very clear and the water/chemical maintenance has been very easy. This is somewhat cooling my desire for an ozone since all seems to be well at this point. I wonder if others would recommend that we get them...hopefully we will get some feedback.

Ozone is nice to have but not something you have to have, if you are around to put a dose of chlorine in the spa on a regular basis, you will be fine, ozone is good for people who are too busy or not around to look after their spa, or just like less maintenance.