Hot springs Hot Spot

Don't get many Hot Springs/Hot Spot calls in my area so looking for a little help on this one. The spa will start up run and heat to temp but once it gets there the pump won't stop running. Heat shuts off but pump continues to run. If I put the temp down a few degrees it will shut off as normal. Put it back up and it will run again. If the temp goes down on it's own to a lower set temp it will start the pump but not the heater and the pump will just run and run. If it is in the 10 minute "tranquility" mode and I activate the jets pump manually it will turn the heater on and heat. Filter cycles set correct no error codes showing. 

P1040353.JPG

P1040354.JPG

P1040356.JPG

Grey pressure switch on top... blue hi limit to the black thing beside. What should hi limit and temp ohm out at I was getting 8.3 on temp and 12.1 on hi limit but it was super cold out and exposed for a while so not sure reading was entirely accurate for hi limit. 

This has a thermistor chart down the page for watkins, but if it's not watkins it may be different. Sensors should typically be within a few hundred ohms of each other, but that does not have to be the case, if that control manufacturer decided to use different rated thermistors for the different sensors.

https://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=38416

That is strange behavior. Pump is sometimes controlled by temp, sometimes not. Heater will turn off but not back on. And that is consistent, not just what it did in the 15 minutes you had to spare on it? You got the same result multiple times?

I wish I knew that system better. Those sensors were pretty far off, but that may be by design. Test the new sensors when you get them, I would like to know. Odd that bad sensors wouldn't throw an error.

I guess you wouldn't be posting about a typical issue though, would you Jedi Spa Master?

Yes it's consistent behavior and agreed it's odd. Was able to find some ohm at temp charts for both high limit and temp sensors. Again very odd in that the temp sensor which controls the pump on/off was in range and the hi limit was the one that was high based on the chart. But there was discrepancy between the 2 and it's all I have to go on at this point. Unfortunately the sensors are not available through my local wholesale supplier so no discount/markup on the parts. I will test them before and after installing them and let you know results. Just hoping it's not going to cost this Jedi $100 to find out.