Mspa lite E1 error

Hi all, have the same problems with Mspa lite. E1 code from first day of use not heating, ( have not had spa a month), arrived on 29th June new, did everything which it says to do in handbook, still no good, contacted Mspa, waste of time because they say I live in NI,,, told me to contacted who I bought it from, awaiting new upgrade filter unit from them. Not pleased....  at all with workings of spa.

• Like 1

Sadly I have the same E1 error code on the spa bought from Lidl last month. I have cleaned all the filters as suggested but the tub simply will not heat. Bubbles will work but as soon as we try to heat the E1 code pops up. We've hardly used the tub (only twice) so I suspect this is a dodgy batch. My problem is that I've lost my receipt so I either need to find a solution or I have wasted my money? Is it worth paying for an expert/technician to come in and fix? Any suggestions?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had this same error code - E1. I read all the forums and changed the heat sensor. Filled the spa back up and still had the error code. I simply disconnected the 4 pin connector to the PCU control unit, cleaned it and made a good connection and the error went. Spa now working perfectly!

• Like 1

Op 25-7-2020 om 16:09 zei Kim newman:

Ik heb ook de mijne gekocht op 28 juni, hot tub niet verwarmd, vervangen door een nieuw type geleverd door Mspa voor E1-fout, maar nu is het volledig gestopt met verwarmen. 
Ik denk dat we een defecte batch hebben verkocht.

Heb je een oplossing gevonden ivm met verwarmen ,hebben net hetzelfde aan de hand ,de onze wil ook niet meer verwarmen nu 

23 hours ago, PhilJ said:

Hi,

I had this same error code - E1. I read all the forums and changed the heat sensor. Filled the spa back up and still had the error code. I simply disconnected the 4 pin connector to the PCU control unit, cleaned it and made a good connection and the error went. Spa now working perfectly!

We have a winner 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:25 AM, yitz60 said:

We ended up opening up the pump part.

Inside there is a magnetic propeller.

We removed that and there was a really tiny amount of dirt in there

We cleaned is with a wooden skew and that was all.

Make sure your mspa is plugged in to a direct outlet and not a connected one.

excuse me ,  the magnetic propeller is likes  the one in the photo, i have had the same problem and i clean this part , there was a lot of dirt , i think this magnetic propeller send a signal for the electric box , probably when isn’t clean it’s impossible to send the signal , E146847A-7CE0-4D3C-B0FC-140266136541.jpeg.f3351035d20f2f22ad43d81c350611f6.jpeg

B708C373-2640-4158-9C47-652BCC4C2433.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone, sorry to hear about all the mspa problems.

I'm in the same (leaking) boat.

Bought my B-141 Super Castello in Sept.2017

Installed in BC, Canada.

Water chemistry, filter and inflation pressure always meticulously maintained.

Average $60 to $70 a month heating bill with top on.

Open tub will nor maintain temperature below 12 degrees C.

Right from the start the top round inflatable insulating bladder slowly leaked air.

Bladder has water sloshing around inside.

Had to replace the pump Sept. 2019 (error code F-3).

One year later pump has failed again (noisy and with code F-3).

Once again I drained the water and flipped it upside down to remove the pump.

Now I discover the tub air chamber has 3-4 gallons of water sloshing around inside.

So I've had enough...I'm scrapping it.

Realize now it was a poor investment.

Engineering and design leave a lot to be desired.

You get what you pay for.

Should have bought a real hot tub to begin with.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 3:25 PM, DJWhitelock said:

Fixed

Sorry for the late post on this issue. After cleaning every component and replacing heater unit I stripped and cleaned the pump even though I believed it to be working okay.

Still same error so I purchased a new pump for around £40 and once fitted, all working okay. 

hope this helps anyone else with same problem. 

I now have a spare heater unit for sale if anyone is in need? 

Thanks again for anyone who tried to help. Much appreciated. 

Hi. I saw this post and bought a new pump off the back of it. …it didn’t work so I now have a spare pump and think I need a heater unit 😆…if you still have yours for sale please let me know how to contact you. 

• 1 month later...

I am on my third MSpa and am so very disheartened I use mine for my MS I love the brand and recommend it but again I am having E1 error code I have done all the recommended things and still turns off after minutes of running. No heat but bubbler works all turn on but turn off after minutes with code again please help

Hi can anyone help? I have an MSPA Lite and up Untill the last week it’s been working fine, I switched it off at the wall socket as the weather was bad! Now it’s warmed up, I went to turn it on and it doesn’t beep, I’ve tried pressing the reset button and still doesn’t come on. Ive replaced the fuse in the plug and still nothing? Anyone know anything please 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the MSPA Lite at Lidl (Nl)  last year. After a couple of months of On/Off use started getting the E1 error. I read this forum and other info online and after opening the pump removed a bunch of hair that was stuck around the pump’ shaft. It is now working with no error for almost a week. In prior attempts of fixing the E1 error as the supplier proposed (cleaning) I would get the error within minutes of starting the run. I’m also now using the mesh cover around the filter as proposed this year in the supplier’s website which says, and I quote the google translation from Dutch to English, “The 2020 MSpas LITE and DELIGHT use the new 2020 slide-on filters. Unfortunately, there are holes at the back and at the front of the filters through which dirt can still end up in the filter channel. The result is often an E1 error code. This mesh cover specially developed by MSpa fits exactly around the 2020 filters and this greatly reduces the risk of malfunctions”. For the rest I’m happy with this spa.

241D7C1A-25F5-461A-927F-29EDCE634449.jpeg

5F3B675F-B3F5-4E4F-ABAD-09926BB87412.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bij ons was er vocht in het bedieningskastje gekomen. Heb het opengeschroeft en ook de printplaat los genomen. Met de feun voorzichtig drogen. Uit tikken van vocht in de deksel niet vergeten.
Onderzijde van de blauwe printplaat had op verschillende plekken corrosie. Je ziet bruin en groene mottige aanslag, ook bij het IC (midden met veel kleine pootjes en sticker er op V2) Bij deze heel zachtjes met zeer fijn schuurpapier langs de pootjes gaan dat de aanslag weg is. Nu het stof wegblazen. Vergeet niet bij de connector ook schoon te maken, die kan losgekomen worden. Haal wel eerst de stekker uit de wandcontactdoos. Het is wel laagspanning maar je neemt de bediening los. Succes. Groetjes, Cees

• 2 weeks later...