Mspa lite E1 error

Hi all, first post

We purchased an Mspa lite approx 2 years ago and used it with no problems the first year. It was stored last year and is now back out but it’s not working correctly. 

When switched on the pump and heater run for approx 30 mins then I get an E1 error. New filter, same fault. 

Stripped unit down and cleaned all parts with white vinegar due to scale build up on parts, tested but same fault. 

Stripped unit again and bypassed suspected faulty pressure switch, runs for 30 mins then stops but without an E1 error (Probably due to pressure switch bypass) and with lights still on as if working. Pump silent and temp not going up. 

Once switched off and left a while it runs okay again, tried running pump only and seems to run okay for a couple of hours that I tested it for. 

Any help would be truly appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Did any of you end up solving the e1 issue?

The company is telling me I need to have the pump replaced.

Anyone know what the issue may be?

Also we opened up the motor unit and now everytime we press the bubble/inflation button it trips the circuit.

Very frustrating..

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

We ended up opening up the pump part.

Inside there is a magnetic propeller.

We removed that and there was a really tiny amount of dirt in there

We cleaned is with a wooden skew and that was all.

Make sure your mspa is plugged in to a direct outlet and not a connected one.

• Thanks 1

I purchased a new heater unit believing it to be a faulty pressure switch which comes as part of the heater but alas it’s still the same. Although a.have a spare heater unit now lol. 

Will take pump apart as suggested as the pump can be the only thing that is faulting now. Will update in a couple of days. 

Thank you everyone that’s posted 🙏

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Poacher said:

I have an m spar I switched on the bubbles they did not work on one edge then after 1 minute it stopped completely,  I have reset and also dis connected the controller panel but. Still no joy.

please help

You should start your own thread as your issue is not the same as the others in this thread.

Fixed

Sorry for the late post on this issue. After cleaning every component and replacing heater unit I stripped and cleaned the pump even though I believed it to be working okay.

Still same error so I purchased a new pump for around £40 and once fitted, all working okay. 

hope this helps anyone else with same problem. 

I now have a spare heater unit for sale if anyone is in need? 

Thanks again for anyone who tried to help. Much appreciated. 

I know this is someone else’s threat but I a really need some help and advice with the same problem.

i currently have my brother in law staying with me in isolation. He has brain damage and autism. I bought Him the MSPA lite as he loves swimming and the hot tub is good for him. I bought it on Sunday 28th June 2020 and within 3 hours of buying the E1 error appeared. The heater wasn’t working but the filter would attempt to start and then the error would appear, since Monday the filter doesn’t even want to kick in. I have tried to speak to the warranty company but all on email due to what’s going on. 

I need some ideas on what I can try to fix it , any help would be highly appreciated. If anyone mentions starting a new thread please accept my apologies in advance as I don’t know how to do that or even have the time to work it out 👍🏻

Make sure filter is clean. They can be put through dish washer or washed out under hot water. 

Check the grey caps on the inlet and outlet as these can start to block up. 

When mine was new I used to have to odd E1. I cleaned the filter and while the filter was off I would put the hose on the inlet where the filter goes and give it a few squirts. Once filter was back on it was fine. 

Good luck 🙏

I also bought a mspa lite on 28 June. I t worked for 3 days and had chorine and pH checked. I developed the E1 fault. We tried to flush it out with hose and cleaned filter as suggested. Still does not work and have sent it back. The website does not work with a phone.you cannot load the necessary photos. Office is now open 2 til 4.30. we have no idea how long it will take to be repaired or replaced. Summer will probably be over.

Hi

I also have same problem with mspa lite purchased on 28th June. So far the supplier have sent me a new filter and cartridge then a new motor which we fitted. Each time it has worked for 24 hours approximately then giving me E1 code all the time.

Has anyone managed to get their’s fixed?