Leaking steady stream through backwash line

Hi,

I bought a house about a year ago with an inground pool and have had nothing but trouble with it since. I have hired and fired a total of 4 pool companies, currently on my 5th and just got off the phone with the latest man who says what I am explaining to him is an impossibility. I have a nice steady stream of water leaking through my backwash line all the time, EVEN THOUGH my pump has been off for the winter. I had the plumber come over who took one look and said “that’s coming from your pool” but then the new pool man comes back and says, “there’s no way that’s coming from your pool”. So I text the previous owners of the home and asked them if they had any sort of French drain or other pipe installed in the back that I was unaware of and of course, no the pipe that is steady pouring out water is the backwash pipe. Now my new pool man says this is impossible because my pump is off. If my pump is off, he doesn’t know how it could be leaking that much water out of the backwash line as the filter should be running in order for it to even leak. I have no clue about this kind of thing and two of the pool companies have spent lots of time trying to but unsuccessful in finding any significant leak in the pool. This pool leak is driving me crazy and I would appreciate ANYONE with some sense about a pool giving their input on what I should do. The water has been so steady this winter, it is eating away my soil and is very unappealing to the eyes. Besides the fact that I’d just like a dry backyard and a pool that I don’t have to fill up every day. Thanks in advance!