How do I adjust levels?

ChaseLoven

Here’s what my test kit says: (Clorox pool and Spa multi use smart strips)

total hardness- very low

total chlorine- very low

free chlorine- low

PH- very high

total alkalinity- ok

stabilizer- ok

I have never owned or operated a hot tub, this was in a rent house when I moved in. I had to do a lot of work to get it working properly but finally got there with the help of a guy on here. I have a 1995 Blue Ridge Spa model 400-40. What do I need to do to get the chemicals right? I have a bottle of ProTeam SPA Oxidizing shock and another bottle of PRO Team SPA Di-Chlor which my local pool/spa store told me I needed. 

• 2 weeks later...

boy thats a very broad subject with no turn-key easy answers, without knowing more about your situation.  in general here are some thoughts

* read the stickies;  there's some good info there on balancing

* get a Taylor test kit . avoid test strips 

* chlorine:    you'll need to figure out what your sanitizer regimen will be.  granular chlorine is easy -- in which case  "di-chlor" is the ingredient you need.  

* for very low total hardness: are you filling with soft water?  

One key statement is "...was in a rent house when I moved in" .  I would highly recommend purging this spa with the product known as "ahh-some".  I also recommend reading up on biofilms and why they are important.  Here's a link to my own personal journey/learnings (this is my hobby photography site)

https://boisediesel.com/blog/2016/7/spa-purge