CleverSpa making a load noise only after 1 day

Skendall

On 6/30/2020 at 7:49 AM, Carolynsh said:

Hi all, we have a clever spa Waikiki that doesnt work properly (its new). We think there's a fault with the tub itself in that insufficient material has been used for the jets where the pump adjoins. It gets blocked almost instantly and under so much pressure the pump overheats and cuts out after about 30 seconds (so only 30 secs of bubbles then at least half hour to cool for another 30 seconds of bubbles). Anyone else recognise this? Temp of water is ok. Filter is clean. Tub is level. Getting no reply from cleverspa. So it's currently an extortionately expensive outdoor bath/ paddling pool.

I'm having a similar issue just that my bubbles cut off after 3 mins tried contacting clever spa but still no response 

1 hour ago, Vickymcgee said:

I'm having a similar issue just that my bubbles cut off after 3 mins tried contacting clever spa but still no response 

Lol, I swear we should just turn this into a drinking game, what do you think, @RDspaguy , a shot every time someone has a problem with their cleverspa?

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Todd_B said:

Had the same problem, couldnt solve it. Sold the spa. Got a pool for backyard and some cheap skimmers for a good filtration.

Never had a problem ever since.

Sold it! 😂 That's the best answer I've seen on this thread yet! I wish people would read this BEFORE they buy a cleverspa. It's such a trainwreck, I feel sorry for those who made the mistake of buying one. I am half tempted to buy one just to take it apart and figure out how to help these people. 🤪

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Sold it! 😂 That's the best answer I've seen on this thread yet! I wish people would read this BEFORE they buy a cleverspa. It's such a trainwreck, I feel sorry for those who made the mistake of buying one. I am half tempted to buy one just to take it apart and figure out how to help these people. 

Seriously! Although strange how there was a huge surge in posts asking questions about these spas, then suddenly a few weeks back they went quiet.   Like what happened? Did people finally learn, or is the factory out of stock currently? 

Maybe we should reply to them. Not with answers, of course, since there are none. But just to say "hi" and let them know their post is up and they aren't alone in the world. I mean, they are already having a bad day, they bought an inflatable spa. I'm sure they could use some cheering up. We could come up with ideas for other uses of the inflatable spa, since they clearly don't work as spas. Something like; "Hey, it'd make a great grill cover!" or "You should fill it with plastic balls for your kids!". Maybe take away some of the sting of buying that cheap pos that they knew deep down wasn't going to work but bought it anyway. 

@ratchett, care to head up the inflatables condolences department? 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Hi, we bought Clever Spa hot tub in march. It started making loud noise after just 24. I was constantly changing filters as that's what I was advised by customer support. Eventually in July it stopped heating up. I have contacted customer support over email as not able to get in touch over the phone ..I was given instruction to follow which we did MADE NO difference... I've been contacting them since and I regret to say the hot tub still broken in my back garden ... no one wants to help us. Dont know what else to do ? 

• 4 months later...

Just incase anyone is still having this problem, I was having the same problem and I only had my hot tub not even a week, I was told to unplug for 10 secs plug back in turn heat/filter off take filter off put filter sock in it's place I did this with a bobble, turn heat on at desired temp, put cover on and leave for a couple of hours then put new filter on. I did this and it seems to be alot better. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 10:52 AM, neil taylor said:

I have bought a cleverspa which I had to order, waited 2 week to arrive which I got from the range ,I filled it with air and water then left over night with chemicals in.noticed the air had gone down abit in the morning so blow it back up,used it then found pump was making a noise same issue with filter,cleaned put back on alright for a while then started again.i wound think a filter at 20 pounds would last abit longer a day.i tried and tried to ring ,email, cleverspa with the air leak issue which is leaking under the control were the wire goes through the ring,with no joy,rang the range to see if I could take it back there but because its had water in it they wouldn't, told me its because of covic 19.anybody got any idea what I can do ?

Hi depending on your location I can solve all of these problems so easily. It's really simple to do, 

I fix both liners and the pumps of all inflatable hot tub however this  service I only serve my local area of Wakefield West Yorkshire 

On 4/12/2020 at 7:40 PM, Skendall said:

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. I have a CleverSpa and only had it one day. It was working fine then in the evening there seemed to be a load sound coming from the filter. I un screwed the filter and ran it under water and when I put it back the sound went for only 1/2 hour. I cleaned the filter again and there seemed to be grease in the filter, so I gave it a better clean and put it back. This lasted a little longer but had to clean filter about 3 times during day. Has anyone got any ideas or tips please? 😢 i would also like any ideas on how to clean the filter as it is quite hard to clean properly 👍

Yo, I have the same problem just set mine up the other day. Noticed it was making a noise which kept growing louder over the past 2 days. Turned out it was the filter so I cleaned it out and still nothing. What I realised is that I had left the filter function on. If you check your control panel the filter button may be highlighted blue. Press it to turn it off. The noise then goes away. I feel so dumb, it’s literally just the filter working which doesn’t need to be running all the time. Peace. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Rhino si said:

Try this take the filter out put an elastic band around it or hair bobble, tie it around the middle so that it pulls the middle tighter, no idea why I tried that but thank me later and bo idea why it works but mines spot on since doing that 

Let me know if it works for you guys im pretty sure it will

• 7 months later...

My CleverSpa filter started making lots of noise so I came looking and found this thread. I had used the spa before for about 3 weeks, packed it away and then brought it back out at Christmas.  It had been running for about another 10 days before the noise began.  Not a time for having to turn the heater off due to the potential subzero temps overnight.

I had already replaced the filter etc and found that if I had nothing on the inlet at all the motor didn't make any noise.  So this said to me that it was a blockage issue of some kind.  The motor was experiencing cavitation and as such lots of noise. Also not very good for the propeller blades.

As it happens I had to drain the spa and change the water anyway so I had a look around.  I had checked it all last time I had packed it away and all was good.  This time though when looking in the Black pipes that connect the spa to the pump I noticed something sticking up in one of the pipes.
I took photos of it and managed to pull it out with some long nose pliers.  This stuff looked like plastic and was stuck onto the pipe.

Having not had anything in the spa that could of fallen off and got pulled into all 3 of the pipes I wondered what it was.  One piece on the filter intake was the worst piece and took up about 10% of the hole however it was flexible and kept dropping down into the pipe. Once water was flowing over it though it would pop straight back up and into the water flow, slowing the flow down.
Once out I think I have worked it out.  The glue that has been used to hold the pieces of the black pipe together had worked it's way out of the joints and then set in the warm water!  In some cases sticking like glue to the inside of the pipe in a thin layer and in two cases sticking into the water stream!
I've now refilled and set up again, without a tiny bit of 'plastic' or 'glue' sticking up into the water stream and hey presto, no noise from the pump again!

This is a poor manufacture issue from CleverSpa. They have either used too much glue and as such it has been able to work its way out of the joint or the glue they have used gets too soft and maluable at max water temperature.  God knows that this would do to the motor if it breaks off and gets pulled in.  Well actually we all know, the motor would fail.

Just sharing as for me it ended up being a simple fix.

Spa Plastic.jpeg

In the pipe.jpeg

One of the other pipes.jpeg

and the third pipe.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Omg! Just read all these comments and am having exact same problem but now mine is overheating every time we put it on reaching 42 degrees and above and turning off . Why is it not staying at the right temp it did for the first few uses . Again it's a new tub and been used a few times . But the overheating is happening every time I put it on now . Anyone got any ideas please .? 

• 8 months later...

How I wish I had seen this page before buying my cleverspa Waikiki.

I only bought it from B&Q 4 weeks ago, set it up last week, thought it was amazing, only me uses it for 20 minutes daily, it’ was fine until tonight!!  Really noisy and the a burning smell, temperature jumping from 33 to 40 in seconds, despite being set at 37.

I’ve naturally switched it off, I’ve emailed cleverspa but just read they are in administration!!’ So have emailed B&Q, let’s see what happens.

its not just the inconvenience, it’s the litres of water that will be wasted to empty and return it.