CleverSpa making a load noise only after 1 day

Skendall

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. I have a CleverSpa and only had it one day. It was working fine then in the evening there seemed to be a load sound coming from the filter. I un screwed the filter and ran it under water and when I put it back the sound went for only 1/2 hour. I cleaned the filter again and there seemed to be grease in the filter, so I gave it a better clean and put it back. This lasted a little longer but had to clean filter about 3 times during day. Has anyone got any ideas or tips please? 😢 i would also like any ideas on how to clean the filter as it is quite hard to clean properly 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

My cleverspa inyo also started having this issue after less than 24hrs.

Doesn't seem to be enough water going through the pump, which is creating this noise with very little pressure in the hose and coming out of the heater outlet. 

Also the heat fluctuates uncontrollably. 

Any ideas. 

TIA

Ceri Hagerty 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know nothing about these inflatable spas. I have never seen one or the equipment for one. But with any low flow issue you should remove the filter. These are probably quite small on those, and could clog very quickly. Just a guess. I see alot of questions about these but no answers. Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Wow this is the same issue that I am having. Only had my cleverspa Waikiki 1 week and already two major issues. Bought it off gumtree but it was all sealed and I saw the receipt from B&Q the week before when it was bought. However the pump started to leak straight away after I had began to fill the tub with water, so bad that I had to empty the tub and ended up putting bathroom sealant around the inlet pipe on the inside of the pump and then wrap the bloody thing is duck tape just so that I could use it last weekend after promising the kids.

Now after it’s been on for 3 days it sounds so loud that my neighbours complained to me about the noise and I have had to turn it off and empty the water. 

I have emailed cleverspa but reading in lots of forums it doesn’t sound like I will get any response.

If anyone is reading this prior to thinking about buying a cleverspa, don’t do it !!!

Hi all

Exactly the same problem after been used for a few hours the filter sounds like it going to blow up. I cleaned the filter but the noise came back an hour later just wandering was it anything to do with the sock and can we buy a casing for the filter instead?? 

I’m really unhappy with my clever spa too. Had for a week today. The seam inside is coming away! Noisy and temp goes crazy up and down! Worst £700 I have ever spent. And also they are not getting back to me to arrange a return. As b&q said I had to go straight to the manufacturer. 

On 6/9/2020 at 12:37 PM, Sharon113 said:

I’m really unhappy with my clever spa too. Had for a week today. The seam inside is coming away! Noisy and temp goes crazy up and down! Worst £700 I have ever spent. And also they are not getting back to me to arrange a return. As b&q said I had to go straight to the manufacturer. 

Call the dealer where you bought the tub - ask for a refund.

When the dealer says "no" (because of course they will), call your bank.  Tell them you want to file a "chargeback" - explain to them you were sold a lemon of a hottub, and the seller is not refunding you your money.  The bank will take the money back from the vendor and put it into your account.  The vendor then has 14 days to tell the bank a valid excuse why they didn't refund or replace your defective product (and if they don't reply with a valid excuse, you win the chargeback case automatically)

Source:  I handle chargebacks from customers often trying to scam my business claiming they didn't receive their order.  I need to provide the bank with all kinds of evidence to prove the product was indeed shipped and delivered to the customer address.  

• Like 1

I liked what @ratchett had to say earlier in post.

On 6/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, ratchett said:

Call the dealer where you bought the tub - ask for a refund.

When the dealer says "no" (because of course they will), call you bank.  Tell them you want to file a "chargeback" - explain to them you were sold a lemon of a hottub, and the seller is not refunding you your money.  The bank will take the money back from the vendor and put it into your account.  The vendor then has 14 days to tell the bank a valid excuse why they didn't refund or replace your defective product (and if they don't reply with a valid excuse, you win the chargeback case automatically)

Source:  I handle chargebacks from customers often trying to scam my business claiming they didn't receive their order.  I need to provide the bank with all kinds of evidence to prove the product was indeed shipped and delivered to the customer address.  

There are always people here asking about this but nobody ever has an answer for them. I guess nobody ever figured it out. I sure would like to hear back from previous posters about any results, but never do, on any of the posts. And there are quite a few. I wish I could help.

• Like 1

9FB10E61-FE67-4607-B29E-1252669068EF.jpeg.291bcdc6ae6082a02cd1a6186553da0a.jpegHi. A bit different but couldn't find anywhere at all for help. Just brought and set up the black label waikiki. Set up ok. Went to connect the filter and there were no connections big enough 
anyone know what i need please? There is nothing on the cleverspa website

A8BF94E8-11F9-4B74-B7DC-9EB06CB7BE4C.jpeg

On 5/25/2020 at 2:45 PM, Helen M said:

Similar issue here - my hot tub has been used twice.  Filter is really noisy and water only heats the top half.  The bottom half is freezing cold ??  Have emailed cleverspa but not had any response ?  Can anyone help ? 

Hi 

I have the same issues water temp and cold at the bottom ,  i have changed the water temp probe which has fixed the temp fingers crossed the cold bottom after some digging seems to be the water pump ?  

i have been told its low pressure which is why the water isn't circulating and heating the whole spar , ( water not pumping enough )

im looking for parts as i bought mine second hand and so have no warranty  .

Ive had no help from Clever spar as they seem to be closed ?  so ive been on you tube      

The filters are appalling, we was going through 2 a week to start with.

I found as soon as it started rattling because the pump couldn't get any water, put a new filter on, clean the old (2 days old) filter and make sure you leave it to dry.

You can keep repeating this using 2 filters and maybe get 2 weeks out of 2 filters.

What I have done now is cut one of the filters leaving only the bottom plastic part that screws into the hottub. I put a scrunchie scrub thing you use in the shower in the filter bag then the part of the filter that screws into the tub as a make shift filter.

I then rinse the make shift filter out before and after use then every few days, works surprisingly well but it isn't likely great as a filter but at least I have a working hottub.

Had the hottub 6 months, 4 months with DIY filter and still working well, we have it on 24x7.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, Lukee said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=2779414d84b1995b9FB10E61-FE67-4607-B29E-1252669068EF.jpeg.291bcdc6ae6082a02cd1a6186553da0a.jpegHi. A bit different but couldn't find anywhere at all for help. Just brought and set up the black label waikiki. Set up ok. Went to connect the filter and there were no connections big enough 
anyone know what i need please? There is nothing on the cleverspa website

A8BF94E8-11F9-4B74-B7DC-9EB06CB7BE4C.jpeg

Are either of those threaded on the spa, they look completely different to mine but the same filter looks like mine.

I have bought a cleverspa which I had to order, waited 2 week to arrive which I got from the range ,I filled it with air and water then left over night with chemicals in.noticed the air had gone down abit in the morning so blow it back up,used it then found pump was making a noise same issue with filter,cleaned put back on alright for a while then started again.i wound think a filter at 20 pounds would last abit longer a day.i tried and tried to ring ,email, cleverspa with the air leak issue which is leaking under the control were the wire goes through the ring,with no joy,rang the range to see if I could take it back there but because its had water in it they wouldn't, told me its because of covic 19.anybody got any idea what I can do ?

2 hours ago, neil taylor said:

anybody got any idea what I can do ?

I assume you used a bank card to pay, correct?  Does it have a VISA/Mastercard/Discover/Amex logo in the corner? 

Unless you paid in physical cash bills, your payment is protected.  Call your bank, explain the situation - you were sold a lemon, the manufacturer is unresponsive and the store is refusing a refund/replacement.   Request the bank issue a "chargeback"  - the bank will take that money back from the vendor's bank and put it into your account until the dispute is resolved (usually in your favor, because "sorry, no refunds allowed" is not a valid excuse for a business to give to the bank as to why they're refusing a return). 

Retailers need to learn - stop selling garbage products!  

• Like 1

Hi all, we have a clever spa Waikiki that doesnt work properly (its new). We think there's a fault with the tub itself in that insufficient material has been used for the jets where the pump adjoins. It gets blocked almost instantly and under so much pressure the pump overheats and cuts out after about 30 seconds (so only 30 secs of bubbles then at least half hour to cool for another 30 seconds of bubbles). Anyone else recognise this? Temp of water is ok. Filter is clean. Tub is level. Getting no reply from cleverspa. So it's currently an extortionately expensive outdoor bath/ paddling pool.

3 hours ago, Carolynsh said:

So it's currently an extortionately expensive outdoor bath/ paddling pool.

It's a hunk of crap from a terrible Chinese company selling garbage products expecting you the customer to do the QC testing AFTER the product has been manufactured and sold. 

Call the store where you bought it from, demand a refund.  When they refuse, call your bank and request a bank-chargeback.  You were sold a lemon product and the manufacturer is and will continue to be unresponsive.  Vendors need to learn to stop selling garbage products, passing off trash to customers to make a buck. 

Once you have your money back, come back and learn everything about hard-shell hottubs, and then watch your local classifieds for a used spa.  For around $1000-$2000 you can often find a really nice used hottub (Only buy one filled with water and working when listed for sale, never buy a drained/empty tub even if owner claims it's working - you need to see it in action).