Arctic Tundra

mommym

Hello everyone-I am a new member to this forum and really appreciate all of the helpful input. My husband and I did our wet test of the Arctic Tundra last night and now the decision time has arrived. We live in central Minnesota so the Arctic seems like a good choice for us. What we need are some opinions on the deal we are getting. The spa we are dealing on is a 2004 Tundra Signature which I understand is the equivalent of the Ultra Series in the 2005 model. It has the Deluxe Northern light package and the therapy air and the Arctic Ozone. My concern is that this spa was at a trade show and then in the owner's garage so it is considered "slightly used" so the original 5 year warranty on equipment and plumbing is now 4 years. The price we are being quoted is $8750. The 2005 Ultra Series comes in at $10,500. They said they would take $750 off the 2005 to bring it down to $9750. Would the year of use by someone else and 1 year less warranty concern you? Is it worth saving $1000(alot of money to us) Being the owners of the showroom here in MN makes me think they took pretty good care of it but you never know how hard it was run. I should add too that the Deluxe Northern package would run $800 on top of their quote on the '05 if we

wanted it. Sorry to be so long winded but I thank you for your help. I would also appreciate any feedback on the Tundra itself.

Hello everyone-I am a new member to this forum and really appreciate all of the helpful input. My husband and I did our wet test of the Arctic Tundra last night and now the decision time has arrived. We live in central Minnesota so the Arctic seems like a good choice for us. What we need are some opinions on the deal we are getting. The spa we are dealing on is a 2004 Tundra Signature which I understand is the equivalent of the Ultra Series in the 2005 model. It has the Deluxe Northern light package and the therapy air and the Arctic Ozone. My concern is that this spa was at a trade show and then in the owner's garage so it is considered "slightly used" so the original 5 year warranty on equipment and plumbing is now 4 years. The price we are being quoted is $8750. The 2005 Ultra Series comes in at $10,500. They said they would take $750 off the 2005 to bring it down to $9750. Would the year of use by someone else and 1 year less warranty concern you? Is it worth saving $1000(alot of money to us) Being the owners of the showroom here in MN makes me think they took pretty good care of it but you never know how hard it was run. I should add too that the Deluxe Northern package would run $800 on top of their quote on the '05 if we

wanted it. Sorry to be so long winded but I thank you for your help. I would also appreciate any feedback on the Tundra itself.

There's alot of other brands out there that are less money for just as much tub. But if you feel comfortable paying 9 grand and are comfortable with the brand go for it. If you have your mind made up on this brand and can get it for a thousand less than new, why not.

There's alot of other brands out there that are less money for just as much tub. But if you feel comfortable paying 9 grand and are comfortable with the brand go for it. If you have your mind made up on this brand and can get it for a thousand less than new, why not.

I don't quite understand. Is this spa from a dealer? If so, why the year deduction from the factory warranty? If not, is the Arctic warranty transferrable? Usually when you purchase a floor model, which this sounds like, you become the original owner and get the full warranty.

Otherwise, consider the warranty on a new spa is five years. Take twenty percent off the new price and I would be comfortable. That would bring it closer to $8000. Then I would at least feel like I was getting compensated for the year less warranty. $8750 sounds like a good price with the full warranty for a floor model. You can buy a nice spa new for $8750.

Thanks Tony and Roger for your replies. Yes, this is from a dealer but HE has used it at HIS house for a year so they are selling it used. No, generally the warranty is not transferable but I'm assuming that because he is the owner of Arctic Spas Midwest he is making it as such. You're certainly right about other spas but the brands "just down the street" are Arctic and Cal Spas (which I am a little wary of). A 10 minute drive for chemical, water testing issues, etc compared to a 45 minute drive has it's appeal.

Thanks Tony and Roger for your replies. Yes, this is from a dealer but HE has used it at HIS house for a year so they are selling it used. No, generally the warranty is not transferable but I'm assuming that because he is the owner of Arctic Spas Midwest he is making it as such. You're certainly right about other spas but the brands "just down the street" are Arctic and Cal Spas (which I am a little wary of). A 10 minute drive for chemical, water testing issues, etc compared to a 45 minute drive has it's appeal.

I order all my chemical requirements online and test my own water. Are the other dealers considering your location local to them?

I own a Tundra Legend EX. I didn't even pay $10K for it and that's with basic Northern lights and Peak Ozone. The dealer with whom you are dealing in my opinion is too high. I know a Tundra Ultra just went out in St. Louis for ~$8500. It did not have either variant of Northern Lights but I believe it had Arctic Ozone. Check the 2004 model. Does it have the big 5" rotating jets in the deep seat? If it does not, I'd pass and work on the 2005. Arctic reworked the design a bit and it was a vast improvement. You won't find a better feeling jet package than in that deep seat with the 7-5" jets. Sounds to me like the dealer is inflating the 05 price to try to move the 04. Basic Northern lights is all you need. The Deluxe adds a few more lights, but not $400 extra worth. The mark-up on the accessories is high and very negotiable. 2005 Tundra Ultra with ozone and Northern Lights, with Fiberglass Floor, Cover, Lifter, Normal Delivery and start up chems should be $8500 give or take but certainly not over $9K. Roger doesn't like Arctic. That's his opinion. But the Tundra is a great tub - fits a lot of different people and there's nothing like that inverted triangle seat. I wet tested several brands, Hot Springs, Sundance, D1, Master, Caldera to name a few. Arctic blew them away which is why we chose them. Don't give up.

This is not true Rex. Arctic is a fine tub, theres others I prefer more. I think Arctic is over priced, a bit noisy, and marketed deceptivly.

Over priced depends on the buyer as well, and what they feel the value of the tub is. I just purchased the Cub designer model after several years of researching tubs (or procrastinating, if you like). It was a little higher in the price range compared to similar other brand tubs, but it came down to the jets, seating, and my local dealer who (husband & wife team) were really good to me, even after 3 years of bugging them and going back and forth to other stores . . . and are still as good now that i have my tub. I'm not knocking other brands, there are good ones as well, just my input on my arctic. And i don't find mine noisy at all, but the marketing i agree can be deceptive (after looking at heating costs of full foam vs. non, they are pretty much the same, as with pros and cons of each).

I would haggle with the price a bit though, and if you do get the used tub, be sure to get it in writing that the remainder of the warranty will be extended to you (read my warranty, and arctic extends thier warranty to the original owner, plus i'd ask about the lifetime warranty on the shell they give, do you get this or just the basic warranty . . . plumbing, heater, etc . . . for 5 years?).