Sign in to follow this  
arnspa

FIX for H2X Masterspa suction covers, pre 2009

For years Ive been trying to find replacement suction covers for the broken ones on our 2008 H2X Masterspa.  I ordered the ones described as pre 2009.  but they are too small.  After failing to find ones that fit and being told it might be replumbed to take another fitting, I decided to try my own Fix.  By cutting about 1/8 inch off of three of the four splines that the cover attaches to, the smaller suction covers fit well.  The part number for the new (smaller) suction cover is 30231U-LG.  It is VGB compliant. You will need to use the original screws or find the replacement, the one coming with the new cover is too small and too short.  I used a fine tooth Japanese saw to trim about ⅛ inch from three splines.  A notch in the new cover will fit over the fourth spline without trimming.  I hope this is useful to those who need replacements for the original suction covers.  Added: I suggest you not attempt this fix under water.B)

suction6.jpg.a42b0c64159623117f4054966f08ed87.jpgsuction8.jpg.f0a9d0d3964a036e1baaceeeade6b60f.jpgsuction7.jpg.3c998c0911899f1ebb9beb3f9eedde25.jpg