Endless Pool SpaPak 5kw Heater - Can't Tell If Working

ZMonet

I'm trying to heat up my Endless Pool that is equipped with a 5Kw Spa-Pak Heater (ELS 552-2).  The thermostat light comes on and everything seems fine but it doesn't seem like it is working as well as it normally has.  In more than a day, it has just raised the temperature from 68 to 75 degrees.  I'm trying to figure out if it is working at all or if just running through the pool pump is raising the temperature.  I've tried hitting the hi-limit reset switch button and throwing the circuit breaker.  I also put my hand on it but can't feel any heat.  Any advice on how I can trouble shoot further?  Is it likely the heating element?

The manual is here: https://www.parts4heating.com/v/vspfiles/images/pdfs/ELS552-1102.pdf but doesn't provide much guidance.

Thanks in advance!

By this diagram, the only light is the heat indicator light, which means the heater element has voltage to it. If it is not heating and this light is on it must be the element. 

I assume you have a cover on it to hold in the heat? How many gallons does it hold? Do you typically run it all year? Has anything been done to it recently, new heater, moved to new location, changed water, or such?

Bad elements usually trip the gfi breaker. Is this heater on a gfi breaker?