Jacuzzi J375 LED Problem

Esignman

I've lost all the Lighting in my tub.  I'm assuming it's the LED controller but I can't find it.  When I find it, I'll check to make sure there's voltage getting to it.  If there is voltage, I'll likely try to replace the controller.  When I find it and remove it, maybe I'll try to get it repaired.  So to recap;

Where is it?

Any tips on troubleshooting it?

Jacuzzi J375, 2014

I am not sure where they hid it on that brand. I would just track the wiring from the control box to find it. There may be a fuse for the light circuit on the circuit board, I would check for voltage at the board light connection first, and check for a fuse if there is no voltage.

• Like 1

https://www.guillens.com/images/JAC/Pdf/JPS/2014-1 Parts Catalog.pdf ....page 57

The main controller box (blue box with ribbon tape attached) is usually located on left hand side right at the corner mounted to the wood frame.  Follow the blue wire back into the pack and test for power coming off the board there. There may also be a fuse inside the blue control box. I think the blue power wire is wired into the transformer but can't remember if it is 12v dc or other. If you have power coming off the board and going to the blue box next I would open the blue box and check for a fuse and or test for power there. Please let us know results

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, it took a year but I finally got up the nerve to take it all apart. I have 12V AC, (Actually 14.xx)  at the electrical panel and continuity all the way to the LED controller.  There is a fuse in the LED controller and it is in tact, (checked continuity end to end).

The LED controller is a blue box on the upper left side as stated.  The LED board doesn't smell like burn't resister and looks to be in tact, no visible cold solder joints and no char marks.  

The transformer T's off and goes to both the LED controller and the motherboard.  If the transformer we bad then there would be other things that didn't work.

The LED controller also has a connection to the control panel, which I haven't checked.  The Control panel only dis-assembles from the top and I'm afraid to apply any pressure.  I suspect 1 or more decals need to be pealed off revealing a screw.  

Update:  I just checked and the LED's now work as they should. So, either power to the LED control panel was loose or the connection to the main control panel was loose and my thumping around forced contact.  I'll give it a full test later on and report back.  Thank you for the good advice.

• Like 2