2001 Hot Spring Sovereign -- Plumbing diagram?

Is there a way to locate one for a 2001 Hot Spring Sovereign?

The hot tub my girlfriend and I scored has a leak in the front of the hot tub, close to or under the equipment bay. The equipment bay is bone dry but we are losing 10-20 gallons per day.

Would hot tub stop leak work for that? Or am I going to have to rip the hot tub apart? 

No diagram that I know of.

Most leaks are in the equipment bay from pumps or fittings, are you sure that is not the case? 

Stop leak type products do ok if there is no movement of the pipes at the leak point, which is often why they leaked in the first place. I have had limited success with them, but it is always temporary.

There are drain lines that run under the equipment bay, could be one of those. I would stand it up to track down the leak if it is not in the equipment bay.

Stop leak products...hard no. Water will take the path of least resistance. Water coming out at the front of the spa might originate at the back. Look at the spa or put a level on it and start at the high corner if there is one and work towards where it comes out at the front. Open up the panels and look for the wet spot.  Poke your fingers into the foam every foot or so until you find an area saturated with water and go from there. If you live in a cold (below freezing) area and the spa was just drained but not winterized you will likely have cracked manifolds.

Liquid stop leak products man what a deal they have going. "If one bottle doesn't work (and it won't) add another bottle". Can't recall in 20 years of it ever working as advertised.

14 hours ago, SteveRosenow said:

Is there a way to locate one for a 2001 Hot Spring Sovereign?

The hot tub my girlfriend and I scored has a leak in the front of the hot tub, close to or under the equipment bay. The equipment bay is bone dry but we are losing 10-20 gallons per day.

Would hot tub stop leak work for that? Or am I going to have to rip the hot tub apart? 

If you want to email me at ryan@poolteamwi.com, I can get you the plumbing diagram.  I am seeing two different diagrams, so please include your serial number.

1 hour ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Stop leak products...hard no. Water will take the path of least resistance. Water coming out at the front of the spa might originate at the back. Look at the spa or put a level on it and start at the high corner if there is one and work towards where it comes out at the front. Open up the panels and look for the wet spot.  Poke your fingers into the foam every foot or so until you find an area saturated with water and go from there. If you live in a cold (below freezing) area and the spa was just drained but not winterized you will likely have cracked manifolds.

Liquid stop leak products man what a deal they have going. "If one bottle doesn't work (and it won't) add another bottle". Can't recall in 20 years of it ever working as advertised.

Seriously, it's designed to gunk up the hole, but what else does it gunk up - motors? Jets? Plumbing lines?  Ugggh.

Reminds me of draino/liquid-plumbr - if one bottle doesn't work just pour another!   A decade ago I had a major blockage on a kitchen drain in my old home and tried to use draino to clear it - that crap ate right through the old cast-iron plumbing under the basement floor and started seeping sewage into the basement through the floor seams. Had to break up ten feet of concrete to expose enough pipe for replacement by a professional.  My plumber called draino "paycheck in a bottle" for good reason!  Would have saved so much money if I'd simply snaked the drain properly to begin with! 

56 minutes ago, ratchett said:

Seriously, it's designed to gunk up the hole, but what else does it gunk up

Everything. Absolutely everything. Makes a huge mess and rarely lasts. But I have had customers with old leakey spas built in to the deck, or the room, who use a bottle or two every year to avoid that high repair bill I quoted them to fix it right. If it works for the customer, fine. I can always come and do the repairs if it doesn't work. A bottle of the stuff costs considerably less than I charge to pull in the driveway.

• 9 months later...

requesting help findind plumbing diagram for my 1989 hot spring classic serial # F-391732. my repair guy caint find one and he believes that the piece of the broken impeller is stuck because the jet flow is about as hard as my bathroom sink. he replaced it and everything works as normal except the main jet, motor is turning at the proper RPM but low flow out of jet. can anybody help an old sore grandma with a diagram for this guy? thanks yall.