Gel Coat Issues Barrier Reef Pools

2 hours ago, ZMN said:

Has BR said why they won’t cover it under warranty? We noticed the bubbling discoloration when the pool was just under 3yrs old. Are you trying to take your claim any further? 

They did look in to it but have washed there hands with the issues 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 5 years old BR fiberglass pool in Reading, Pa and whitening/bleaching/discoloration is happening at alarming rate now. Contacted BR and they replied. They call it hybrid scale which is similar to calcium scale but doesn’t react to any chemical removal. They sent me Pool Tiger device to put on filtration line and see progress over the next few month. I just did. I feel we should go to litigation and get them to redo gelcoat on all our pools. 

We definitely need a class action! I have been told by someone there has been previous class actions but all parties are then made to sign non disclosure’s so unsure how to find out any information on them.

Did anyone on this board find some kind of resolution to the gel coat discoloration? Anything at all?  At the end of the day this is probably a Calcium Sulfate issue. It has to be a chemical to help with breaking and extraction. I also wonder if I open a claim with my home insurance company and let them deal with BRP. My problem is finding somebody who can replace the gelcoat. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, Linda McGrath said:

Hello,

We installed a Barrier Reef Pools October 2016, within 12 months notices white spots on floor, shell colour coming off along with going white just above water line

I am having no luck getting warranty, wont return calls or emails and agent that sold the pool says not his problem,

Pool has been maintained each month by pool cleaner and water samples taken and recorded, pool cover on when not in use.

Looking to find other people with the same issue with Barrier Reef Pools to find out if you got warranty or if you made a claim with Office of Fair Trading.

Looking at getting people on board to have Barrier Reef Pools investigated for selling pools they know have gel coat faults.

Hello

We have the same problem with our pool - installed end of 2017 and started turning white in 2 years.    Have heard of many people with similar problem.   Interested if anyone has been successful in litigation. 

As far as I understand one has been successful, we engaged the company but declined to fix the issues. Suppose the only avenue is a class action but won’t have a clue how to go about it